Need some input on the Burton Dominant - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2008, 10:46 AM   #1 (permalink)
Steele501

Default Need some input on the Burton Dominant

I just bought a Dominant for this season. i split my time about 50/50 between park and free riding. Am i going to hate this board outside the park? My last board that i rode for about 6 seasons was a liquid trip(which i don't think they even make anymore) and it has tons of flex and has never bothered me. what do y'all think?

I could really use some honest opinions from folk who have actually ridden a Burton dominant. THANKS!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2008, 11:18 AM   #2 (permalink)
Phoenix

I don't fit the required profile for a response but my 2 cents says you will be sweet.
Old 11-17-2008, 11:54 AM   #3 (permalink)
Steele501

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
I don't fit the required profile for a response but my 2 cents says you will be sweet.
owing/having ridden a dom isn't necessary for response, just a plus.

I could use good input and opinions from any knowledgeable riders.
Old 11-17-2008, 11:59 AM   #4 (permalink)

I knew a guy last year you rode a dominant and he totally killed it, he's really solid and the board wasn't holding him back. Saying that though we still ride our board in a freestyle manner rather than super high performance turns. So if you ride park and ride the rest of the mountain like the park then your not going to run into too much trouble. Plus after a board made 6 years ago this will feel like some sort of magic stick!
Snowjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 12:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
Steele501

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowjoe View Post
I knew a guy last year you rode a dominant and he totally killed it, he's really solid and the board wasn't holding him back. Saying that though we still ride our board in a freestyle manner rather than super high performance turns. So if you ride park and ride the rest of the mountain like the park then your not going to run into too much trouble. Plus after a board made 6 years ago this will feel like some sort of magic stick!
LOL, agreed. i'm pretty pumped about it! I finally graduated college and got a "bigboy job" and treated my self to brand new everything since i've had the same cheap set up for like 7 seasons.

I didn't figure i'd be in issue but just wanted some reassurance on my choice of boards. i don't see much deep powder, and if i do i'll just set my binding further back on the board.
Old 11-17-2008, 12:29 PM   #6 (permalink)
609snow

I was looking into the Dom last season, and was almost set on buying it, but kept reading reviews and opinions that it wasn't quite suited to tear it up on the whole mountain, and was more of a jibstick/belonged in the terrain park. I ride the same as you, probably 50/50 freestyle/all-mountain, I wanted something I knew I could depend on everywhere and not have to worry about. I did a little more research and really liked what Rome had to offer and ended up buying the Agent, which is the best of both world in my eyes. It handles the park well and performs great all-mountain. There's quite a few other riders on the forum who can attest to this.

If you haven't checked out Rome, swing by their website, they make some killer boards. Good luck with your choice.
Old 11-17-2008, 01:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
Steele501

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeThePlumber View Post
FUCKING SHIT SUCKS!

tits or get the fuck out!

hORNYZ SEND ME PIXS
admin please band this 'tard. thanks!
Old 11-19-2008, 10:24 AM   #8 (permalink)
Steele501

to the top