Battle of the Brands final, VOTE NOW 25min left - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2013, 10:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Default Battle of the Brands final, VOTE NOW 25min left

vote now fanbois.

Arbor/Billabong vs Never Summer final...20 min left.

Battle of the Brands 2013 | Snowboarder Magazine
Sick-Pow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2013, 11:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Arbor's winning by 30
Supra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 11:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

And Arbor won. That was a win for snowboarding.
Old 08-11-2013, 11:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
And Arbor won. That was a win for snowboarding.
A win for Arbor, and another mudslinging battle of people showing true colors, is over.

A "win for snowboarding" Angry™? Only the companies and riders you like are core enough, dude?

I think you took things and are taking things over the top with your Fox News style rhetoric. I mean, that is the point of your OWN brand, Angry™, but, seriously.

Never Summer™ has their proven shtick, "Made in the USA", and you upped the mud slinging to a all-time douchbag™ high IMO.

besides the history you have with Never Summer, it seems you just wanted to bash them...like a real battle.

Their edit was kickers, some rails and good music. Arbor's looked super polished, but, yeah, I bet they spent 5,000USD MORE on the project, of Billabong's money.
Old 08-11-2013, 11:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Where do you get your information that they are owned by Billabong? Seriously where? Have you been blowing your horn so hard you're brain isn't getting oxygen?

This was a win for snowboarding hands down. If you can't see it you're oblivious. Take your emotion out of this and the fact you got lead around by the nose by Never Summer and realize it was a contest about riders and filming.

Progression>mud slinging.
Old 08-11-2013, 11:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

That is so 2008. Sector 9 ( edit, owns, owned Arbor), bought by Billabong, hell even I remember that. Maybe Arbor was able to bail from the deal?

Dude, you were the only one mudslinging, which was a failure of progression.

You have a Fox news style, and if you keep it up in this industry, you may not last too long.

Did you not get trolled by some French Kids in a engineering class? You failed to do any research, and came out with your "review" as if this was a legit company? Answer away Angry™.

Prove you are legit, or just another cum dumpster for free snow product.

Quote:
Where do you get your information that they are owned by Billabong? Seriously where? Have you been blowing your horn so hard you're brain isn't getting oxygen?

This was a win for snowboarding hands down. If you can't see it you're oblivious. Take your emotion out of this and the fact you got lead around by the nose by Never Summer and realize it was a contest about riders and filming.

Progression>mud slinging.

Last edited by Sick-Pow; 08-11-2013 at 11:45 PM.
Old 08-12-2013, 12:09 AM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick-Pow View Post
That is so 2008. Sector 9 ( edit, owns, owned Arbor), bought by Billabong, hell even I remember that. Maybe Arbor was able to bail from the deal?

Dude, you were the only one mudslinging, which was a failure of progression.

You have a Fox news style, and if you keep it up in this industry, you may not last too long.

Did you not get trolled by some French Kids in a engineering class? You failed to do any research, and came out with your "review" as if this was a legit company? Answer away Angry™.

Prove you are legit, or just another cum dumpster for free snow product.
Oh shiet. Angry just got handed his ass. Haha, shucks i could care less who won, but its nice to see the man get some of his own medicine.
blunted_nose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 12:18 AM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

So once again the wild horn blower is off in La La land. Maybe you and Snowolf should go hang out.

Arbor has Sector 9 make their boards for them in their San Diego factory. That's it. Bob Carlson is the owner, founder, and CEO. Still independent. Billabongs big financial portfolio of brands does not include Arbor at all. If it did they would be so fucked by the gross mismanagement they would be dead right now. But alas you someone that doesn't work in the snow industry at all but once got a free sticker and a high five from a company thinks you know all.

Five years of Angrysnowboarder.com next month. Constant site growth, constant interaction, constant posting. Don't think I'm going anywhere at this point. Sites come and go with an average shelf life of 6 months, some make it to 2 years then flounder and die, 5 is solid. Relevancy is also another thing that matters and pretty sure I still make relevant observations. I'm not going anywhere and with what I'm working on now things are only getting bigger.

Is the French kid reference a reference to my French last name? Pretty sad if you're going that way.

You're still too mentally fractured to get why I even wrote what I did. Snowboarding doesn't need a political agenda thrown into what should have been a edit vs edit. They (Never Summer) made it the way it went and let the blind fanboyism go with it. They stooped lower and in the end effectively started to hurt snowboarding. They lost and hopefully it teaches them a lesson, we'll see how they're doing at the end of the 2014 sales and possibly even in to 2015.

My only agenda regardless of what people think is to make sure snowboarding is helped. Tomorrow Arbor could do something completely stupid and I would call them out for it. People seem to forget that when Never Summer was fighting that battle with Mervin over patents who I backed and why. Maybe if you did some research you would understand that, although since it's painfully obvious that you like to let emotion control the situation verse logic that's too much to ask.

You seem to think I need to legitimize myself or prove myself to you or anyone. I don't. That's just the real cold hard honest truth. I gave up trying to make everyone happy and just do what I need to do. I win some, I lose some and people will come and people will go. It's the nature of the beast.
Old 08-12-2013, 12:27 AM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

He handed his own ass, Billabong might not own Arbor snowboards, ( sector 9 back in the day I think managed/built Arbor SKATEBOARDS, I skate too and maybe crossed data), but Angry™ really douchebagged™ up the contest and post on Facebook. He was the first one (almost a solitary voice) slinging mud about Never Summer's marketing strategy.

No one is bringing up the most important debate, how 6K votes is a "win" for snowboarding or a marketing campaign?

Angry™ and I both know this shit is not personal, it's business, and I imagine we will make some turns on the mountain together someday. I don't want to touch Angry's™ ass, Blunted-Nose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blunted_nose View Post
Oh shiet. Angry just got handed his ass. Haha, shucks i could care less who won, but its nice to see the man get some of his own medicine.
Old 08-12-2013, 12:37 AM   #10 (permalink)
Banned

Those 4 French kids who "designed" a quick release binding, and you destroyed them thinking it was real? or did you remove it? The kid even replied, and you could not piece together his broken english to decipher it was NOT REAL, and kept going on and on about how wrong it was.

Quote:
So once again the wild horn blower is off in La La land. Maybe you and Snowolf should go hang out.

Arbor has Sector 9 make their boards for them in their San Diego factory. That's it. Bob Carlson is the owner, founder, and CEO. Still independent. Billabongs big financial portfolio of brands does not include Arbor at all. If it did they would be so fucked by the gross mismanagement they would be dead right now. But alas you someone that doesn't work in the snow industry at all but once got a free sticker and a high five from a company thinks you know all.

Five years of Angrysnowboarder.com next month. Constant site growth, constant interaction, constant posting. Don't think I'm going anywhere at this point. Sites come and go with an average shelf life of 6 months, some make it to 2 years then flounder and die, 5 is solid. Relevancy is also another thing that matters and pretty sure I still make relevant observations. I'm not going anywhere and with what I'm working on now things are only getting bigger.

Is the French kid reference a reference to my French last name? Pretty sad if you're going that way.

You're still too mentally fractured to get why I even wrote what I did. Snowboarding doesn't need a political agenda thrown into what should have been a edit vs edit. They (Never Summer) made it the way it went and let the blind fanboyism go with it. They stooped lower and in the end effectively started to hurt snowboarding. They lost and hopefully it teaches them a lesson, we'll see how they're doing at the end of the 2014 sales and possibly even in to 2015.

My only agenda regardless of what people think is to make sure snowboarding is helped. Tomorrow Arbor could do something completely stupid and I would call them out for it. People seem to forget that when Never Summer was fighting that battle with Mervin over patents who I backed and why. Maybe if you did some research you would understand that, although since it's painfully obvious that you like to let emotion control the situation verse logic that's too much to ask.

You seem to think I need to legitimize myself or prove myself to you or anyone. I don't. That's just the real cold hard honest truth. I gave up trying to make everyone happy and just do what I need to do. I win some, I lose some and people will come and people will go. It's the nature of the beast.