Talk about a bummer. - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2008, 11:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
the skeptik

Default Talk about a bummer.

I was in the process of tossing my bindings on, got them all lined up and what not and the dumbest thing ever happened. The screws that came with my bindings are to short to reach the threads on the board. How on earth is this possible. I am not a happy camper to say the least. The screws only come out about 1/4 of an inch past the mounting plate. What a crock of shit. Now I have to wait until the hardware store opens to get the right size screw. What was Union thinking?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2008, 12:23 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by the skeptik View Post
I was in the process of tossing my bindings on, got them all lined up and what not and the dumbest thing ever happened. The screws that came with my bindings are to short to reach the threads on the board. How on earth is this possible. I am not a happy camper to say the least. The screws only come out about 1/4 of an inch past the mounting plate. What a crock of shit. Now I have to wait until the hardware store opens to get the right size screw. What was Union thinking?
that definetly sucks, even if you arent gunna ride it lol. just having em on there makes any man happy for a while.
jmacphee9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 12:30 AM   #3 (permalink)
siberianmist

what kind of bindings are they?

if they are unions you have to push down on the gas pedal in order for the screws to hit the threads, ive had problem installing a couple sets of forces
Old 11-18-2008, 12:37 AM   #4 (permalink)
the skeptik

They are Union Datas. You might of made my night.
Old 11-18-2008, 04:39 PM   #5 (permalink)
rush340

I had a hard time getting my Rome Targas to reach. In the end, I had to push really hard (probably to compress the rubber damping); once they caught the threads, I was able to tighten them down fine.
Old 11-18-2008, 07:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
davis

Quote:
Originally Posted by the skeptik View Post
What was Union thinking?
Union was thinking, "Make them as short as possible and still be effective." Prevents the unknowing from dimpling their bases. It's a good thing.
Old 11-18-2008, 07:51 PM   #7 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Yeah dude those have a good amount of dampening you've got to push them down you'll get them in there.
Extremo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 11:53 PM   #8 (permalink)
MidwestDivision

I just had this problem setting up my '10 Forces. I ended up throwing on my old rusty drake hardware instead. Only about 1.5 to 2 threads of the screw caught the insert. I'm pretty sure that this can lead to stripped inserts in the future.
Old 11-01-2009, 09:43 AM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

inserts are set at different depths depending on the company. you are right to worry about threads engaging, it would be more prone to stripping out. a new screw an extra 5mm should fix it. remember your hardware is metric size m6. must be stainless too or it will rust. a good hardware store will have it ( think not home depot ) . Union will most likely send you some if you contact them
Old 11-01-2009, 09:46 AM   #10 (permalink)

As Extremo said you have to push down. The screws that came with them work fine but you need to compress the urethane to get the base lower to the board for the screws to catch.