Burton P1.1sz or CO2s? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2008, 12:57 AM   #1 (permalink)

Arrow Burton P1.1sz or CO2s?

Hey all, first post!

Me in a nutshell:

* skill level 4 out of 10
* 27 yrs old, 155lbs, 5'10"
* usually ride at Big Bear, Mammoth, and a Whistler trip coming soon
* like cruising at a brisk pace on groomers and cutting through trees
* my girlfriend loves the park, but its not really for me (maybe a jump if im feeling stupid)

My situation:

Always rented and now its time for my own gear. Im treating myself, I'll spend the extra cash to get a better quality product. Got a Burton proform hookup from a good friend, so their gear is what I'm focusing on due to the savings.

My research has lead me to the P1.1sz and the CO2s. Seems the CO2s are stiffer, its been recommended that I stay medium flex which makes me think the P1.1sz will be more comfortable and better suited for me. I don't know anything about the speed strap on the P1.1, anyone use it? Is my riding style telling me to get the P1.1sz over the CO2? FWIW, I was thinking about pairing this with the Burton Ions.

Your opinions, impressions, and recommendations are appreciated (in my other Lib Tech T.Rice or Burton Custom X thread too). Please give your reasoning, rather than saying something like "Burton sucks b/c everyone rides it".

Thanks guys!
switchface is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2008, 01:48 AM   #2 (permalink)
kyouness

co2's would be more geared toward all-mountain while the p1.1's will be much more comfortable but less responsive. i say go with cartels as they're pretty much the go-to bindings for burton and you can't really go wrong with them if you're going with burton bindings as they're pretty awesome all over the mountain. you could also go with triads... triads have the cartel baseplate, p1.1 straps, and co2 highback. lol... all three in one, hence, "triad." i have a pair and they're super lovely.
Old 11-18-2008, 09:11 PM   #3 (permalink)

Because of the discount I can get, I'd like to get the highest quality gear I can to help prevent premature breakage. I might be making a poor ASSumption, but I'd think the Triad, P1, and CO2s are of better quality than the Cartels (might be wrong).

On to the 3 bindings in question, I would think comfortable should be near the top of my list, no? That makes me lean towards the P1 over the CO2, but if the Triad has the comfort of the P1 and the response of the CO2, it seems like a nice choice.

In terms of response and stiffness, does all of my gear need to match? In my other thread Im looking at a Lib Tech T.Rice and a Burton Custom X, both stiffer boards it seems. Does this mean I want my bindings to be stiff to match, or would I benefit from a less stiff binding?
switchface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 04:44 AM   #4 (permalink)
kyouness

as far as binding stiffness and board stiffness is concerned, i'm pretty sure it's all up to what type of riding you want to do. they dont really have to complement each other as far as i'm concerned, and most expensive doesn't exactly mean the best. different gear is meant for different things. the cartels are great bindings and i would get them myself if i didn't already fall in love with the triad straps. i don't hear much about co2's or p1.1's since most people who buy burton bindings go with cartels since they're basically tried and true. they're a good all around binding. as far as triads go, they feel exactly like cartels although quite a bit more comfortable. some people say triads are a bit "slower" in response but i haven't noticed a difference.

if you're going for a solid pair of bindings to beat up, i'd say go with cartels. i have triads but it seems people who ride them hard complain that the highback breaks too easily. the highback on triads are the same exact highback on co2's which are the more expensive bindings. i personally have not had that problem but probably either because i don't ride them quite as hard or that those people are just unlucky, but i know for sure that the highback on the cartels are pretty damn solid. but if you want the best of all three worlds i'd say go with triads for sure.

Last edited by kyouness; 11-19-2008 at 04:48 AM.
Old 11-19-2008, 05:51 AM   #5 (permalink)

If you are getting Burton bindings, then get the Cartels. But I would take the Rome Targas over them any day. Actually, I did, and and I love them.
Bagels is offline   Reply With Quote