Cadet DLX or Contacts - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2008, 01:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
HappyKillmore

Default Cadet DLX or Contacts

So I thought I had decided on last year Cadet Dlx's, but I have come across a little extra money playing poker that I would gladly put towards an upgrade on bindings. I want to stay with Union because I have heard nothing but good things about them.

The two I'm interested in are the Force and the Contact. I am def leaning more torwards the Contact because it has more flex of the two. My question for you guys is it worth the extra 50 dollars, specifically is the quality better, or just save the money for gas to the mountain.

I doubt anybody has much experience with the contacts since they are a new model and it is only the beginning of the year, but if you anything would help in comparing them to the DLX's.

Probably should tell them what I want from them if people haven't seen my other posts. I am going to put them on a 155 Evil Twin and use them in our small park with smaller rail features and jumps no bigger than 25 to 30 feet. I plan on using it out of the park too and this I where I think the contact might be a little better

Last edited by HappyKillmore; 11-18-2008 at 02:06 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2008, 01:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Last years cadet dlx are better than this years cadet dlx and this years contacts. Both of these have low end straps that arent very comfortable. The Force have the 3D ankle straps, the better baseplate, and the cap toe strap, while being only slightly stiffer than the contact. Last years cadet dlx are pretty much the Force with a stage I baseplate. If you can find 08 cadet dlx's for a good price get them...but i'd look for last years force over this years contacts any day. Hope this helps
Extremo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 02:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
HappyKillmore

Thanks man, that was one of my concerns. After you told me that the straps on the new DLX weren't very good I could tell just by looking at them that is probably true, it looks like just a peice of fabric folded over itself. When looking at the contacts I thought they kinda looked the same, just with some fancy print on them.
Old 11-19-2008, 09:04 AM   #4 (permalink)
HappyKillmore

So I think I am leaning more towards the Forces now because they are proven to work. My only concern is that they are going to be to stiff. I plan on using them in our small park, mostly rail features and jumps no bigger than 25-30 ft.. I sure I will use them outside of the park as well, but that is not the main goal of this board. I guess my new question is does anybody have experience with the flex of the Forces? Are they a on the stiff side for bigger jumps, pipe, and cruising, or are they flexible enough for somebody that is only going to be hiking the same 5 small features most of the time like me.