2014 Lib Tech T.Rice Pro HP vs 2014 Never Summer Proto HD - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2013, 04:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Default 2014 Lib Tech T.Rice Pro HP vs 2014 Never Summer Proto HD

Looking for some insight and others opinions on which is a better board and why? Thanks for any input
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2013, 05:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fire on Ice...and Powder!

Kinda beating this topic to death aren't you?
Second thread on this from you in the past day?

Closest brand to brand comparison here would be LT TRS vs. NS Proto.
The TRice is a stiffer, more aggressive version of the TRS in my opinion (I have both). Also, the TRice with its wider waist will float better in powder than the other two.

Finally, I have never had a delamination problem with my Lib Tech boards.
GreyDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 05:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I love Never Summer! hands down

But Lib tech is my second favorite. The only problem I had with my lib tech was the board started to separate where the metal edge ended and people in line hitting my board started breaking off the tip and tail top sheet. But it rode like a dream and was lighter then my NS. But the added weight didn't affect my riding at all, if anything it made my ride smoother and stronger and the top sheet on the NS is indestructible.

But I will not talk bad about Lib Tech because theyre boards are awesome, no joke.

My 2014 proto hd just came in the mail. OMG I cant wait to ride it.
Mystery2many is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 05:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery2many View Post
I love Never Summer! hands down

But Lib tech is my second favorite. The only problem I had with my lib tech was the board started to separate where the metal edge ended and people in line hitting my board started breaking off the tip and tail top sheet. But it rode like a dream and was lighter then my NS. But the added weight didn't affect my riding at all, if anything it made my ride smoother and stronger and the top sheet on the NS is indestructible.

But I will not talk bad about Lib Tech because theyre boards are awesome, no joke.

My 2014 proto hd just came in the mail. OMG I cant wait to ride it.
Yea that's exactly what I'm worried about, the lift lines here in Germany are a nightmare full of skiers all trying to push their way to the front and bashing at my board ends. My 2013 Salomon Villain held up to it fairly well but that has a much more durable top sheet full of toxic chemicals that lib tech doesn't use, I'm worried it will end up really chewing up the ends with no metal at the tips and a softer top sheet. The mervin review forums all make it sound like it is extremely common a problem. How does the NS proto fair?
Old 08-15-2013, 05:51 PM   #5 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyDragon View Post

The TRice is a stiffer, more aggressive version of the TRS in my opinion (I have both). Also, the TRice with its wider waist will float better in powder than the other two.

Agreed. I'm still wondering why we're so concerned about a top sheet...which serves an aesthetic purpose. It's gonna get beat up and months down the road of riding, you won't even give a rip. I get it...especially a new board. It's like getting a new pair of shoes and having OCD with keeping them clean. But eventually, it all wears off.
jwelsh83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 05:55 PM   #6 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Just seems like something that shouldn't happen to a board that costs nearly 700$
Old 08-15-2013, 05:57 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwelsh83 View Post
Agreed. I'm still wondering why we're so concerned about a top sheet...which serves an aesthetic purpose. It's gonna get beat up and months down the road of riding, you won't even give a rip. I get it...especially a new board. It's like getting a new pair of shoes and having OCD with keeping them clean. But eventually, it all wears off.
If you love your board as much as I do and pay $550 for it you don't wanna see it get chipped up and damaged! Never summer didn't chip at all. just a little shave marks but no chips
Old 08-15-2013, 06:04 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xIceHoundx View Post
Yea that's exactly what I'm worried about, the lift lines here in Germany are a nightmare full of skiers all trying to push their way to the front and bashing at my board ends. My 2013 Salomon Villain held up to it fairly well but that has a much more durable top sheet full of toxic chemicals that lib tech doesn't use, I'm worried it will end up really chewing up the ends with no metal at the tips and a softer top sheet. The mervin review forums all make it sound like it is extremely common a problem. How does the NS proto fair?
NO joking at all! My Never summer got hit everytime in line and riding trees and rocks! The board is a beast! Not a single chip at all! It has a couple of scraps but that is from the edeges of skis and boards scratching it (scratches only). And I believe the stronge top sheet gives it more pop!

The proto hd has a carbonium top sheet which is even stronger then the other models!

Last edited by Mystery2many; 08-15-2013 at 06:14 PM.
Old 08-16-2013, 12:12 AM   #9 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery2many View Post
NO joking at all! My Never summer got hit everytime in line and riding trees and rocks! The board is a beast! Not a single chip at all! It has a couple of scraps but that is from the edeges of skis and boards scratching it (scratches only). And I believe the stronge top sheet gives it more pop!

The proto hd has a carbonium top sheet which is even stronger then the other models!
Curious to know if you've ridden a T.Rice pro and if you have how would you compare it to the Proto HD
Old 08-16-2013, 12:19 AM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Already pretty much answered that. The Pro is hardly different than the normal Rice. The HD is going to be a bit looser than the normal Proto. Its got more rocker less camber.

Either way I think they're both overpriced. But if you've already ordered one just ride it till it dies and replace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyDragon View Post

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote