Board debate - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2008, 08:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
cheesemaster144

Default Board debate

Alright, so first off im 5'8 135 pounds. I'm still growing and the doctors say i wont be more than 6 feet. With that out of the way I've been looking at mainly two boards for this season: the lib tech skate banana and the gnu riders choice with btx. I've heard good things about both, but can't decide which board to get. Here's where things get complicated. With the skate banana i'd have to get a 152 cm, which i could possibly outgrow quickly. With the gnu i could get a 154.5 which would allow me to grow into it. I ride the whole mountain, but am looking to focus on more park this year. I talked to someone from backcountry.com and they said the banana technology takes away from carving and that it doesn't perform too well on groomers. That destroyed everything I had in my head and now im confused. Help me please!

also i was looking at the 32 lashed boots and Union Contact bindings....any comments on those would be appreciated as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2008, 08:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesemaster144 View Post
Alright, so first off im 5'8 135 pounds. I'm still growing and the doctors say i wont be more than 6 feet. With that out of the way I've been looking at mainly two boards for this season: the lib tech skate banana and the gnu riders choice with btx. I've heard good things about both, but can't decide which board to get. Here's where things get complicated. With the skate banana i'd have to get a 152 cm, which i could possibly outgrow quickly. With the gnu i could get a 154.5 which would allow me to grow into it. I ride the whole mountain, but am looking to focus on more park this year. I talked to someone from backcountry.com and they said the banana technology takes away from carving and that it doesn't perform too well on groomers. That destroyed everything I had in my head and now im confused. Help me please!

also i was looking at the 32 lashed boots and Union Contact bindings....any comments on those would be appreciated as well.
Assuming you keep your same weight a 152 would be fine. Your height doesn't effect a whole lot, its more your weight and boot size..

Another option is a Never Summer Evo-R, you could get away with a 151 fine probably as a more park oriented board assuming you stayed in the 125-135 range.
arsenic0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 08:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

a 152 banana is supposed to be like riding a 154-5ish size board anyways..your supposed to be the banana a few sizes smaller then you normally would. im not sure with the gnu, but the banana is strictly a park board, most definetly not a really good board for ripping up the mountain..
jmacphee9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 08:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
cheesemaster144

I just do everything. I heard the banana holds its own all over though? I'm not someone who charges down the mountain as fast as I can trying to get perfect little carves. I just want to make sure my board is fun and can take it relatively anywhere on the mountain without any real problems.
Old 11-19-2008, 11:31 AM   #5 (permalink)
falconis

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesemaster144 View Post
I just do everything. I heard the banana holds its own all over though? I'm not someone who charges down the mountain as fast as I can trying to get perfect little carves. I just want to make sure my board is fun and can take it relatively anywhere on the mountain without any real problems.
banana is a rocker board = good for the deep plow and freestyle and you will still be able to carve.
Old 11-19-2008, 09:18 PM   #6 (permalink)
cheesemaster144

how stiff is the riders choice with banana and mtx