Lib Tech T Rice Pro HP or TRS - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2013, 01:42 AM   #11 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Thanks hktrdr that clears things up. Looks like I've got some more reading to do about the BM and the others.
hardasacatshead is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2013, 01:46 AM   #12 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardasacatshead View Post
Thanks hktrdr that clears things up. Looks like I've got some more riding to do
Fixed/corrected.
hktrdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 01:54 AM   #13 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Fucking tell me about it!

My arse has been hanging out since March to get back into it but unfortunately I've had to travel around the world all year and it's kind of difficult to drag a board bag around everywhere with you. So the snow gear was sent back to Australia.

I don't really have the opportunity to demo which is why I'm trying to get as much info as possible before pulling the trigger. I'll probably get it sent over from the US to save a few hundred bucks then pick it up while I'm back in Oz next month. We get totally ripped in Australia, not just for snow gear, for everything.
Old 08-22-2013, 03:04 AM   #14 (permalink)

You could also look into the Attack Banana, a milder camber/rocker profile than the 2013 TRS and T. Rice.
OU812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 01:01 AM   #15 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Hey peeps.

I've been drooling over the Neversummer Proto HD in a 157 lately, particularly after reading dreampow's review of his. I'd already kind of decided on the Banana Magic but I'm still not 100% convinced it's the right board for me.

The main thing that I wasn't convinced about with the Libby was the deep sidecut potentially being a little unforgiving at high speeds. I really like that everyone's been raving about the pop of the Proto too.

Am I just being indecisive or am I making a better choice in the Proto.

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-31-2013, 01:27 AM   #16 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I own a 2014 trs hp and just bought a 2014 trice pro hp. Last year I rode a 2013 trs.

I loved the trs last year so Naturally I loved this years model with the added camber under the feet.

As my riding progressed (I started March 2013 and our season ends in May) I started riding a lot faster. The trs just didn't feel very stable. My buddy I ride with is a very strong snowboarder that blasts the hills on his burton custom x.

I just wasn't as stable at nukin speeds.

I thought is try the trice as it's stiffer and in a 153cm has the contact length of almost a 159 trs. And you can tell.

I've only been out one day on the trice. But when bombing the hill, I felt a LOT more stable while on an edge. It felt like it just cut into the hill and held on.

Conditions were basically identical from the last time I rode the trs. The TRS requires less work from from edge to edge. Maybe that plays a part in the sketchiness when charging the hill.
ek9max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 10:10 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ek9max View Post
I own a 2014 trs hp and just bought a 2014 trice pro hp. Last year I rode a 2013 trs.

I loved the trs last year so Naturally I loved this years model with the added camber under the feet.

As my riding progressed (I started March 2013 and our season ends in May) I started riding a lot faster. The trs just didn't feel very stable. My buddy I ride with is a very strong snowboarder that blasts the hills on his burton custom x.

I just wasn't as stable at nukin speeds.

I thought is try the trice as it's stiffer and in a 153cm has the contact length of almost a 159 trs. And you can tell.

I've only been out one day on the trice. But when bombing the hill, I felt a LOT more stable while on an edge. It felt like it just cut into the hill and held on.

Conditions were basically identical from the last time I rode the trs. The TRS requires less work from from edge to edge. Maybe that plays a part in the sketchiness when charging the hill.
Things that are contributing to what you are noticing (Trice vs TRS) - stiffer, mid-wide waist and sintered base. The 2013 profiles are exactly the same - C2BTX. TRS is no match against Custom X (all else being equal) for charging.
theprocess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 10:17 AM   #18 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Well the waist on the 153cm trice and 154 trs are the same.

But ya. The base and stiffness are huge. And the contact length. It really does feel like I'm riding a much bigger board.
Old 12-31-2013, 10:26 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ek9max View Post
Well the waist on the 153cm trice and 154 trs are the same.

But ya. The base and stiffness are huge. And the contact length. It really does feel like I'm riding a much bigger board.
If Im not mistaken the 2014 TRS is also mid-wide, the narrow version is same same as last years normal waist width.

Trice is a better match to Custom X but the difference will be evident in powder. The Custom X (full camber) will dive like a submarine unless you like sitting in the back seat.
theprocess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 10:30 AM   #20 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Ya. I was comparing my 2014 trs to my 2014 trice