All Mountain Wide - First Snowboard - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2008, 03:13 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default All Mountain Wide - First Snowboard

So I have been lurking on this forum for the past 2-3 weeks reading whatever I can
on boot sizing and snowboard size.

I'm a newbie snowboarder who has been a couple times in the past 2 years using rentals and
really want to get into this sport as I surf during the warmer months. I live on the Ice Coast,
so I will be in icy conditions for most of the season but plan on taking a trip to Utah in
February!

I weigh in currently at 175 lbs. I could weigh more or less by the time I hit the slopes in January
as I am on a work-out program but I plan to be in the 170-180lb range plus or minus 5 lbs. I'm also 6' tall.

I stopped in a couple of shops to try on a variety of boots per the suggestions on this forum.
I ended up picking the Burton Hail 11.5 as those were the most comfy for my foot.

Right now I've narrowed my bindings down to the Burton Cartel Size Large. But, could use
some suggestions on other bindings that you think will be better suited for All Mountain
or one of the boards below.

Here are 3 boards that I am looking at.

Rome Slash 158
Never Summer Revolver 159
K2 Afterblack 160

Any suggestions at all to narrow this down (or add a better choice) are highly encouraged.

This is a great forum and I've found so much great info on this forum just by using the "search."

Thanks,

korrupt
korrupt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2008, 03:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

for Wide boards I like GNU, and patience, no need to make multiple threads because you didnt get an immediate response
RidePowder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 04:00 PM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks, I thought I only posted one thread. Must have hit the post button twice by accident.

Mods, you can delete the other thread as I only wanted one thread for this topic.

Thanks again,

korrupt
Old 11-22-2008, 06:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Just thought i'd throw it out there..

I think a Never Summer Legacy would be better than a Revolver for All mountain..its basically a wide version of the SL-R. Same price as the Revolver/SL-R
RC.jpg (image)
arsenic0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 07:38 PM   #5 (permalink)
ToddOwnz

Atomic Radon
Old 11-22-2008, 07:54 PM   #6 (permalink)

You're on the right track. If you don't get much pow over there i'd stick to the 157ish range so it'd be more playful. I'm about the same specs as you and will be riding a 156 revolver for my all-mountain board (the legacy just seemed too stiff for me). I'd also add the GNU Verti-ghoul Kass board with BTX in there also, as magnetraction might help in your conditions. Lib tech also has the Travis Rice and Phoenix in the mid-wide range.
604al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 04:28 PM   #7 (permalink)

Default Thanks

Thanks for the suggestions. It has complicated things more lol...

Was going to drop the cash on the Rome Slash 158 07/08 but they sold out before I pulled the trigger.
(Oh well!)

So my choices are now:

Never Summer Revolver 159 07/08 (Last Seasons without the Rocker I believe, it is decent price)
Never Summer Legacy 08/09 (If I can afford it... it seems pricy for a Newbie board)
Lib Tech Phoenix 157 07/08 (I don't know a lot about this board but would like feedback)
Atomic Radon (if I can find a decent price point)

I'm looking for something to learn on and advance my skills. I probably won't appreciate half
these boards but, that's why I'm going for last years models.

Thanks again for everyone's input!

-korrupt