packages? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2008, 12:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
kboefresh
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default packages?

Is buying a snowboard package a good or bad idea. I ride mostly all mountain, but am going to try more terrain this year, as well. Would any of the packages on the-house.com be suitable. I was looking at forum boards, boots, and bindings, but don't know if it is a good idea to buy all the same brand. I am 5'11, 130 lbs, and wear boot size 11. If i can not find a pretty good package for around 400 or so, I am just going to buy new boots and bindings for my k2 illusion, any suggestion for boots and bindings that will cost me total around 300 or so.

Thanks for any help.
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-23-2008, 12:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 12
Default

go try on tons of boots, buy as much boot as you can afford.
FLBOARD13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 12:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
Simply^Ride
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

don't get a package for 400, it will be a low end package.

for 300 you get yourself a pretty good set of boots, go and try on as many pairs as you can and which ones fit best. Vans and Salomon's are good boots, but buy for comfort, walk around and see what feels best.

I made the mistake of buying a cheap package and now I am buying all over again. I am only missing a nice pair of boots, since the Burton Moto's fucking suck, they leak a lot of water.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 01:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
falconis
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply^Ride View Post
don't get a package for 400, it will be a low end package.

for 300 you get yourself a pretty good set of boots, go and try on as many pairs as you can and which ones fit best. Vans and Salomon's are good boots, but buy for comfort, walk around and see what feels best.

I made the mistake of buying a cheap package and now I am buying all over again. I am only missing a nice pair of boots, since the Burton Moto's fucking suck, they leak a lot of water.
i just bought moto boots , i have never heard of a leaking problem????
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 01:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
Simply^Ride
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconis View Post
i just bought moto boots , i have never heard of a leaking problem????
well mine do, a lot...... by the end of the day your feet are soaking wet and fucking freezing. maybe they fixed that problem in the newer models, but mine fucking suck. I also found them to be too stiff for my personal preference. I do love the fast lazing system, but that's about it.


But then again this is just my opinion :/
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 01:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
kboefresh
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply^Ride View Post
don't get a package for 400, it will be a low end package.

for 300 you get yourself a pretty good set of boots, go and try on as many pairs as you can and which ones fit best. Vans and Salomon's are good boots, but buy for comfort, walk around and see what feels best.

I made the mistake of buying a cheap package and now I am buying all over again. I am only missing a nice pair of boots, since the Burton Moto's fucking suck, they leak a lot of water.
yeah i think i'm going to do that. I'm going to buy some new bindings and boots for my k2 illusion. The bindings need to be suitable for park riding and mountain riding.

If anyone could help me out that would be awesome.



Any reviews or help on these bindings, or any other suggestions on other bindings would be sweet.

K2 Sonic Snowboard Binding - Free Shipping! from Dogfunk.com

Forum Recon Snowboard Binding - Men's - Free Shipping! from Dogfunk.com

Union Cadet Snowboard Binding - Free Shipping! from Dogfunk.com

Save on Salomon Classic Snowboard Bindings Red/White - Mens Snowboards Binding Snowboarding Gear Equipment

Now Boots..I previously had a size 9..which are now very small..I wear shoe size 10.5, and am either going to buy 10.5 or 11 boots, probably 11 because my feet are still growing. I have no place to try these on, as there are very very few dealers near me...so any help would be greatly appreciated

I do not know much about boots.
I want to spend 100-200 on boots or so..any help please.

Last edited by kboefresh; 11-23-2008 at 03:48 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 01:21 PM   #7 (permalink)
falconis
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply^Ride View Post
well mine do, a lot...... by the end of the day your feet are soaking wet and fucking freezing. maybe they fixed that problem in the newer models, but mine fucking suck. I also found them to be too stiff for my personal preference. I do love the fast lazing system, but that's about it.


But then again this is just my opinion :/
mmmh , i have the 09 model so i'll post it when i have seriously tested them.
my feeling is that the moto boots are soft?? i was first planning to buy the ruler (burton)
because they are stiffer. but i learned to snowboard with hardboots , mayby is that the reason why
i like a stiffer boot.
anyway thx for saying that about the moto
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 03:46 PM   #8 (permalink)
fuzzysnowboard
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I'm pretty sure packages make you but all the same brand, and because they're usually for beginner they sometimes make you get BOA's. If you like BOA I guess its okay. But If you buy separately you can get exactly what you want for about the same price. Ps: Boots are very important.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 03:59 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Flick Montana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Beech Grove, Indiana *sigh*
Posts: 4,168
Default

I'm not a fan of packages just because you are likely to find one weak piece. It's a great way for a vendor to get rid of a junky piece by pairing it with other decent parts. They had some packages for sale at the Expo show I went to. They had decent board and bindings, but the boots were usually bottom rung.

I'd say spend the little extra and build your own package. You're going to drop cash on this sport anyways, so you might as well drop a little more to get the best out of it.
Flick Montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 04:03 PM   #10 (permalink)
kboefresh
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kboefresh View Post
yeah i think i'm going to do that. I'm going to buy some new bindings and boots for my k2 illusion. The bindings need to be suitable for park riding and mountain riding.

If anyone could help me out that would be awesome.



Any reviews or help on these bindings, or any other suggestions on other bindings would be sweet.

K2 Sonic Snowboard Binding - Free Shipping! from Dogfunk.com

Forum Recon Snowboard Binding - Men's - Free Shipping! from Dogfunk.com

Union Cadet Snowboard Binding - Free Shipping! from Dogfunk.com

Save on Salomon Classic Snowboard Bindings Red/White - Mens Snowboards Binding Snowboarding Gear Equipment

Now Boots..I previously had a size 9..which are now very small..I wear shoe size 10.5, and am either going to buy 10.5 or 11 boots, probably 11 because my feet are still growing. I have no place to try these on, as there are very very few dealers near me...so any help would be greatly appreciated

I do not know much about boots.
I want to spend 100-200 on boots or so..any help please.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flick Montana View Post
I'm not a fan of packages just because you are likely to find one weak piece. It's a great way for a vendor to get rid of a junky piece by pairing it with other decent parts. They had some packages for sale at the Expo show I went to. They had decent board and bindings, but the boots were usually bottom rung.

I'd say spend the little extra and build your own package. You're going to drop cash on this sport anyways, so you might as well drop a little more to get the best out of it.
Yeah i'm going to look at some stuff.. Any help with the stuff I posted above?
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:51 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums