first board? help please - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2008, 01:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
weedhots

Default first board? help please

hi guys. i'm new to this forum. and i need help picking out my first board :]

i've been snowboarding a while now, so i'm not a beginner. i'm looking for a free ride board. i snowboard about 4 or 5 times a year, so i want one that lasts a while even if i get better. i'm a girl, i'm 5'8" and 135 lbs. i'm looking to spend at most 300 on a board. can anyone help me please?

also, are these any good?
palmer halo
ride vista
rossignol zena
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2008, 01:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
weedhots

oh and i live on the east coast, and my shoe size is 7.
Old 11-23-2008, 03:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fallen Saint

I don't know much about the female specific boards but my suggestion is to pick what you want. Chances are you already have an idea of what you want? But for opinions, a couple of the girls I know ride K2 Luna which is suppose to be a good board. 1 rides a Nidecker Elle and the last rides a Rossi Zena (I think?). None of them are pro's but they're pretty good and none most of them have had their boards for at least 2 seasons so...

I'm from NC riding in the Appalachians and fresh pow is rare and you end up riding a lot of refreeze. So if you're conditions are anything like that, personally, I would suggest checking out the Lib Tech stuff. I don't know of any reason why a female can't ride a "male" stick. So if you're open to that I would suggest something with Magna-traction and Banana rocker like the Skate Banana. Magna-traction cuts through the hard pack and refreeze really well and rides smooth. But that's just my opinion.

If you want really good information on the women's gear try speak out | Powered By ExpressionEngine or The World of Snowboarding through Fembot Eyes . If Kelly is lurking she'll post some info here but there are a lot more women riders over at Shred Betties and they're all awesome good at helping with information about gear and throwing out opinions

Last edited by Fallen Saint; 11-23-2008 at 03:39 PM.
Old 11-23-2008, 03:10 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

The only thing I can say about women's gear is that I've heard the Rome Blue is a nice board. I can't speak personally, but you might consider checking it out to see if it is a good fit for you.
Flick Montana is offline   Reply With Quote