Stairmaster 152 or 156. - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2008, 06:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
HappyKillmore

Default Stairmaster 152 or 156.

My friend is probably going to get one of these because they are such a good board for the price. He just doesn't know what size to get. He weighs between 150 and 155 and a little over 5'8". He is going to ride a smaller size park with rails and jumps no bigger than 30ft. He plans to use it out of park too for fun cruising.

He was even thinking about getting last years extreme because they have a little more stiffness and a faster base so that way it would make the 152 a little more well rounded.

So some recomendations, especially from experience, would be helpful.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2008, 06:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I really hate comparing the 152 to the 156 because its not just a size up in length but a significant difference in board width. The 156 is essentially a mid-wide. The 152 would be good for him at that size especially because of his emphasis on park riding, but it might have some limitations on the other parts of the mountain. Just some things to consider.
Extremo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 06:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Eh if you want park emphasis I'd say 152. It's just so much easier in the park going shorter unless you're only doing huge jumps, now personally I am using 2 boards this year, instead of having one in the middle size.
Jenzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 07:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
HappyKillmore

Does anybody have good insight on the differences between the Extreme and the plain Stairmaster. I know that the Extreme has a Sintered base and is a little stiffer because of the upgraded core, but could anybody go into detail.

Here's another comparison. We are going to go snowboarding soon and I just got an Evil Twin. How would the Extreme compare to that. Both in flex and riding out of the park. I know even though the Extreme is 3 cm shorter than the ET it has 2 cm more effective edge.

I forgot to mention he already has a board that he will use for more serious trail riding, he just doesn't want it to be completly unridable on the slopes.

Last edited by HappyKillmore; 11-24-2008 at 08:26 PM. Reason: left out info
Old 11-24-2008, 08:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
kyouness

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyKillmore View Post
Does anybody have good insight on the differences between the Extreme and the plain Stairmaster. I know that the Extreme has a Sintered base and is a little stiffer because of the upgraded core, but could anybody go into detail.

Here's another comparison. We are going to go snowboarding soon and I just got an Evil Twin. How would the Extreme compare to that. Both in flex and riding out of the park. I know even though the Extreme is 3 cm shorter than the ET it has 2 cm more effective edge.
basically get the extreme if you want him to keep up with you in the speed department. the extreme would also fare better all-mountain than the stairmaster due to its better base and stiffness. it's not so stiff that you can't take it to the park, however. you could also point him toward the indoor survival if you can find one around the same price range.