Most compact boots for bigger foot size - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2008, 11:01 AM   #1 (permalink)
QuebecKiwi

Default Most compact boots for bigger foot size

So I have a pair of Burton Tribute size 14 boots. I like to call them my moon boots because they really are that huge! I wear a size 12 in regular shoes and these were the only boots that I could find that actually fit comfortably! My big toe would always be squashed in every other pair I tried on in size 12, 13 and even 14!
I find the size of these boots a little excessive, and it restricts me from being able to try out other people's boards since they won't fit many bindings (especially ones with the toe strap). Is there any brand out there (and please, let's not break the bank here!! A couple of hundred $ is OK, but not more) that provides a comfortable fit for bigger, irregular-sized feet, wile remaining relatively compact?
All advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2008, 01:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I recently tried some size 12 Burton Ions that seemed to be the most compact boots I saw. The 2009s are $350 but you could look at some from last year. I think they have a similar profile. Very comfy boots for my feet so its worth a look.
schmitty34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 01:41 PM   #3 (permalink)

Me and a buddy wear the 09 K2 Raider Boa and they seem tiny to me. He wears a 12 and sports a medium CO2 binding(got them for real cheap) with room to spare! I wear a 10 and honestly feel like my boots are too small for my size Large Cartels. They were 130 when I got them around labor day, but I think they're like 150ish now.
lcstriker07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 05:56 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

on some burton boots they are now fit a size 14 but have the footprint of a 13. i know the jeremy jones boots do for sure, im sure a couple others do as well...
jmacphee9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 09:35 PM   #5 (permalink)

The salomon F boots have a really small footprint because of the fused liner.
mesomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 09:52 PM   #6 (permalink)
QuebecKiwi

Cool. Thanks for the suggestions guys. I'll take a look around and go try some of these on for size. Someone else had suggested Salomon actually...
Quote:
on some burton boots they are now fit a size 14 but have the footprint of a 13. i know the jeremy jones boots do for sure, im sure a couple others do as well...
Jmacphee, Not sure what you mean by this?? Could you elaborate? Do you mean the boot fits a size 14 foot, but the boot itself is the size of a size 13?
Thanks. Any more suggestions?
Old 11-26-2008, 07:49 AM   #7 (permalink)

no the foot print is set in so the boot is still a 14 but the overhang would resemble that of a 13. It's good for ppl who wear an 11 or 12 but don't want to be forced to strap into a door(wide board).
lcstriker07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 11:17 AM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Check out Ride boots... they also have a special big foot sizing line out. They are generally some of the lowest profile boots on the market
lisevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 11:25 AM   #9 (permalink)
siberianmist

forum constants seem very 'low profile'
Old 11-26-2008, 02:33 PM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecKiwi View Post
Jmacphee, Not sure what you mean by this?? Could you elaborate? Do you mean the boot fits a size 14 foot, but the boot itself is the size of a size 13?
Thanks. Any more suggestions?
easiest way for me to explain it would be that the boot looks like 13 from the outside, but fits like a 14 on your foot.

"Cramming your feet into boots that are a size and a half too small just so you can ride your favorite deck is a great way to have a shitty day snowboarding. Luckily, our NEW Shrinkage™ Tech minimizes the boot’s profile, reducing the overall footprint one full size without resorting to a wack-ass liner-less construction. What’s that mean? A Shrinkage Tech boot in a size 10 fits like a size 10, but has the footprint of last year’s size 9 boot. Sasquatches everywhere, rejoice!"
-burton.com

also, are your front toes being squished because of length or width? i wear celsius boots, they got a nice roomy toe box like skate shoes..i love themm!

Last edited by jmacphee9; 11-26-2008 at 02:36 PM.
jmacphee9 is offline   Reply With Quote