Need help deciding on my new stick ! - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2013, 08:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 14
Default Need help deciding on my new stick !

Hey everyone, i have switched through 4 boards last year and currently have the 2012 rome mod rocker. Im done switching so i need to make one last purchase and it needs to fit my needs. I am an all mountain rider and like park and backcountry. I was looking at the
-lib tech trs 2013
-lib tech Travis Rice pro 2013
-lib tech skate banana 2013
I am 5'7" 150 pounds with 10.5 boot. Please help
Me decide!
Bmanwyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-08-2013, 08:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Nivek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mountains of Mordor
Posts: 6,569
Default

I'd keep that Mod Rocker before riding any of those.

Why only Lib?
__________________
Snowboarding Is...

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
I'd keep that Mod Rocker before riding any of those.

Why only Lib?
I just heard they made quality boards. Magnitraction and camber rocker camber. If you have better boards in mind let me know but theyd need to be in the lower 300 price range
Bmanwyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:56 PM   #4 (permalink)
koi
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
koi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 332
Default

I am a little curious what other boards you had last season that didn't make the cut?
koi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by koi View Post
I am a little curious what other boards you had last season that didn't make the cut?
They were old. A burton troop 151, a forum destroyer 2005 152, i rode my friends ride and it was decent but my favorite by far has been my mod rocker. I just have the money now to spend it on a board thats even better if there is one
Bmanwyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 12:27 AM   #6 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 16
Default

If you like Lib check out GNU to, they are the same company pretty much. What are you going to ride most? There is no snowboard that is amazing at everything, most all around boards are kind of mediocre at every thing. Based of those three boards if your going to ride park more, the skate banana, all mountain i would go with the TRS, or for back country the T-rice. not saying one of these cant be used for all just don't expect it to be amazing everywhere. My two cents if your going to ride park more don't go with a skate banana they are way over priced for a jib board. I personally am not a fan of libs crazy hybrid cambers. groomers/all mountain = camber/flat, park = flat/reverse, pow = reverse. Lib tech is reputable and a great brand, but i would look into other options. There are plenty of other reputable brand that make good product for cheaper. Capita, Nitro, Salomon to name a few.
AZAspades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 12:36 AM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mountains
Posts: 9,966
Default

Why were you riding a Burton Troop? Keep the Mod.
__________________
Angry Snowboarder Because someone has to call it how they see it!
BurtonAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 03:59 PM   #8 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZAspades View Post
If you like Lib check out GNU to, they are the same company pretty much. What are you going to ride most? There is no snowboard that is amazing at everything, most all around boards are kind of mediocre at every thing. Based of those three boards if your going to ride park more, the skate banana, all mountain i would go with the TRS, or for back country the T-rice. not saying one of these cant be used for all just don't expect it to be amazing everywhere. My two cents if your going to ride park more don't go with a skate banana they are way over priced for a jib board. I personally am not a fan of libs crazy hybrid cambers. groomers/all mountain = camber/flat, park = flat/reverse, pow = reverse. Lib tech is reputable and a great brand, but i would look into other options. There are plenty of other reputable brand that make good product for cheaper. Capita, Nitro, Salomon to name a few.
Thanks for your input. I just wanted a board that will go really fast and provide stable landings. (Still perfecting a 360) and can still be decent in park
Bmanwyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 04:34 PM   #9 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 16
Default

Sintered bases are faster but the require wax more often, extruded bases are a little slower but the don't take as much maintenance as sintered.
AZAspades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 04:46 PM   #10 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZAspades View Post
Sintered bases are faster but the require wax more often, extruded bases are a little slower but the don't take as much maintenance as sintered.
So would you buy the trice 2013 or keep my mod rocker 2012? Money isnt an issue for my situation. I want a board that rides decent everywhere.
Bmanwyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
lib, lib tech, pow, shred, stick

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:28 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums