Need advice on Used Equipment - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2008, 11:58 AM   #1 (permalink)
dawmd26

Default Need advice on Used Equipment

I am an amateur rider who has never owned my own board. I just purchased a used Salomon W4 155 for 50 bucs on eBay(I think it is a 2000 model). It is in good shape, with a few minimal rust spots around the bottom edge and some small chips on the top. There is about an 8 inch scratch on the bottom, which is not very deep and barely catches a fingernail.

I am hoping someone can give me some insight on how much these imperfections, mainly the minimal rust and scratch on the bottom, would affect performance for the amateur rider, who mostly rides groomers and occasionally visits the park?

I also had a question on toe/heel overhang. For my height and weight, the 155 is right on. However, I wear a size 10 - 10.5 shoe. The board has size Large Lamar MX150 bindings, which do not hang over the edge at all, but come very close. However, when I strap in, both my toe and heel hang over ever so slightly, less than 1/4 inch. Is this something I should be concerned about. I have not ridden this board yet, and if I should sell it for something wider, I will do that before I put it down in the snow.

Any advice that anyone has to offer is greatly appreciated.[/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2008, 12:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

You should take it into a ski/snowboard shop and ask them what they can do to clean the board up, probably a good tune-up/wax will get your board in a bit better condition. But that may cost you another 30-40 bucks..your overhang is small enough it shouldnt matter.
arsenic0 is offline   Reply With Quote