Custom X vs Burton Barton ES___Help Plz - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2008, 12:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
dyingtolive15

Default Custom X vs Burton Barton ES___Help Plz

I have a 2005 Burton Baron ES and my question is what is the feel rating for this board? I just bought a 2009 Burton Custom X Wide which has a feel rating of 7. I was actually looking for something a little less stiff as I spend 80% of my time in the park hitting everything and would like to hit a few more rails. I have been riding for 7 years and would appreciate the performance of the Custom X but do want some more flexibility. I am afraid I have bought a board that has the same stiffness but I can't find an answer anywhere.

Does anyone know how these boards compare?

Also I was looking at the Custom Wide how much of a difference from the Custom X Wide?

Thanks for any help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2008, 01:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
falconis

YouTube - 2009 BURTON CUSTOM X SNOWBOARD REVIEW
Old 11-27-2008, 09:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
dyingtolive15

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconis View Post
umm that video was useless it basically restated the board description from the burton website and didn't answer any of my questions....

need some real help here ...thx
Old 11-27-2008, 09:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
Shaggy817

well. customs in general are not very playful at all. all of em got a ton of tech, but all of em are really stiff. do you JUST want a burton board? or are you willing to branch out to other brands?

if you want a softer park board, especially when you're gonna be spending 80 percent of your time in the park, i'd try a burton twin or dominant. burton seven and love aren't that bad either. those are just burton though.

rome makes good park boards, so does capita, K2, and ride.

do some research, you're gonna want a board with Biax or triax laminant if you want it to be soft. preferably biax, especially inbetween the bindings to get you a buttery feel.
Old 11-27-2008, 10:48 PM   #5 (permalink)

Custom X wide used to be its own line of boards called the Baron Es. and the custom wide was the baron. Now they just don't have barons they just call them custom X wide and custom Wide. So yes your custom X and Baron ES have the same cunstruction and flex. They are great all mountain boards and can hold their own in the park but require an aggressive rider. If your going to spend alot of time on rails and in the park your not going to be needing alot of the tech in a custom X(helps in the pipe though). Check out Deuce wide, se7en wide, dominant wide or operator wide.
ElChupocabra is offline   Reply With Quote