Late-Model Board Purchase tips - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2013, 06:35 AM   #11 (permalink)

Thank you so much for all the replies and the tips. I'll make sure to call my local board shop.

On that note, how is the Process? has anyone ever used it?
KentoBento is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2013, 12:02 PM   #12 (permalink)
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedank View Post
So I should never test drive a car and leave the lot without buying it because I've used up the car salesman's time, the dealership paid for the car to be on the lot and I used them to find out if the car had all the features I was looking for and therefore preventing me from making a $30,000 fuck up.

Does it make a difference if my local board shop, Powder & Sun, is technically based in Wrightwood, CA and has a shop here in Vegas, allowing me to buy online and pick it up locally so they don't have to spend $15 shipping it down the street 3 blocks and I don't have to pay sales tax or is that still scummy? I guess so since I'm scamming Uncle Sam out of his 8.1% sales tax.

Anyway, back to the original post. KentoBento, it's a great time to buy since most people are still in the summer mindset. They'll be just limited inventory but if you look hard enough you'll sometimes get lucky and find exactly what you're looking for.

One thing to be aware of is the return policy since it's morally wrong to try something and buy it elsewhere. Some shops will have an "all sales are final" or "no return, no exchange" policy for sale items. Most online places will accept a better return to stay competitive, but you'll have to pay for return shipping or use a prepaid label from the company which will be deducted from your refund.

Good luck on your hunt.
Its pretty obvious where I stand on the topic and I'm not going to mudsling; but the main problem with your argument here is that the 2 parties to whom the general public may be the LEAST sypathetic are car lots and Uncle Sam. On the other hand we 'round here are universally on the "side" of the snowboarding industry.
Old 09-12-2013, 12:21 PM   #13 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

a lot of shops will price match online sales, especially if they themselves have an online store. When I bought my company's last year at The House, I had found them online for $150, but they were like $189 at the store. I asked the kid if they'd come down at all, they wouldn't, but I told him to go ahead and ring em up. As I was pulling my wallet out, I happened to mention I had seen them online for less, but I was ok paying extra since they took the time to pull them out for me, and the guy went ahead and looked up the site and pricematched them.

Moral of story? Ask.
Old 09-12-2013, 01:53 PM   #14 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamps View Post
See my previous post, this is still a scummy thing to do.
My local shop here is Sports Chalet and REI so fuck them. I'd rather buy from an LBS with an online store

Quite literally the only places I can go to fondle gear, and usually only mainstream shit with limited selection.
jdang307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 04:06 PM   #15 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedank View Post
So I should never test drive a car and leave the lot without buying it because I've used up the car salesman's time, the dealership paid for the car to be on the lot and I used them to find out if the car had all the features I was looking for and therefore preventing me from making a $30,000 fuck up.
Analogously, if you have no intention of buying from the dealer since you plan on buying the car from EBay motors you're scamming the dealer and the salesperson. If there's a possibility of a sale then that's just you getting educated.
Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2013, 2014, burton, online, snowboard