Lib Tech Skate Banana - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2008, 09:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
redsoxfan81092

Default Lib Tech Skate Banana

Hey guys I am looking into a new board this year. The new skate banana BTX by Lib Tech looks pretty nice. I want a board that is flexy and good for the park but still be able to do all mountain. I am 6 foot 4 inches tall and weigh 160 pounds, i have a size 12/13 foot and this is a big problem for me. With the 159's waist width of 25.5 will i be able to fit my feet on the board without toe drag? Would risers work? What do you suggest, or another good board maybe? Thanks for your time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2008, 01:03 AM   #2 (permalink)
Fallen Saint

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsoxfan81092 View Post
Hey guys I am looking into a new board this year. The new skate banana BTX by Lib Tech looks pretty nice. I want a board that is flexy and good for the park but still be able to do all mountain. I am 6 foot 4 inches tall and weigh 160 pounds, i have a size 12/13 foot and this is a big problem for me. With the 159's waist width of 25.5 will i be able to fit my feet on the board without toe drag? Would risers work? What do you suggest, or another good board maybe? Thanks for your time.
Ohhh ouch. I'm 6'1, 215, and 10.5 boots and I'm riding the 159 Skate. I don't think it would work too well for a bigger guy like you bro. Maybe the Dark Series if you're really diggin the Lib Tech stuff? It's a little more pricey than the Skate but it's premium. And I should know, I was 5 minutes away from buying the Dark Series BTX instead of the skate... Should have but eh *shrugs* I'm still loving the Skate Banana. To the best of my knowledge an 11 is the boarder line size for narrow or wide boards. So I'm thinking a 12/13 is going to need a wide. I'm not sure about how it would work with a riser. I would definitely check to see what
Old 11-27-2008, 03:19 AM   #3 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

LibTech MC Kink 155 - 26 waist.

GOD IS DONUT

Last edited by legallyillegal; 11-27-2008 at 03:24 AM.
legallyillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 10:01 AM   #4 (permalink)
angelos

hey bro.. take a look at lib-tech TRAVIS RICE 157... width is 25.8 and its an all mountain freestyle board...
skate banana is only for park...
Old 11-27-2008, 10:34 AM   #5 (permalink)
siberianmist

i have a size 11.5 boot on the 152 skate banana with a slightly ducked stance. i bet you could fit with room to spare depending on your boot and binding angles
Old 11-27-2008, 10:46 AM   #6 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelos View Post
hey bro.. take a look at lib-tech TRAVIS RICE 157... width is 25.8 and its an all mountain freestyle board...
skate banana is only for park...
The T.Rice is a stiff, aggressive freeride board.

GOD IS DONUT
legallyillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 10:47 AM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

the banana although made for the park really is a great all mtn board.. i take mine hiking in the backcountry all the time and the reverse camber really makes it a gem in powder. i dont even change my stance for backcountry riding ( keep the full tiny nose/tail park setup) its that sweet. luckily for big guys like you this year mervin has banana and magne traction on a huge variety of boards. if i were you id go the mervin website ( Trust Mervin Manufacturing: Lib Technologies Snowboards, Gnu Snowboards, Lib Technologies Skateboards, and Bent Metal Bindings ) and find a board that fits you physically that has a wide width. with the btx you can go with a bit smaller board size as well im 6.1 205 size 11 shoe and ride a 156 banana and the 154.5 gnu riders choice. good luck !!
burritosandsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 11:13 AM   #8 (permalink)
siberianmist

i agree the banana can go in powder, but at high speeds i found it a bit flimsy
Old 11-27-2008, 02:24 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by siberianmist View Post
i agree the banana can go in powder, but at high speeds i found it a bit flimsy
i could see that but living in utah i dont encounter too much heavy powder.. (sorry to rub that in )
burritosandsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 06:53 PM   #10 (permalink)
redsoxfan81092

thanks for that website link, that was very helpful. The GNU rider's choice banana traction wide looks like the board I'm looking for. Thanks again