Techine bindings any good? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2008, 03:45 AM   #1 (permalink)
Labrat

Default Techine bindings any good?

Hey all!This is my first post as i just found the forum.I am a beginner in snowboarding as i went ridding only 5-6 times last year.All those times i rented gear but at the end of the season i bought some gear myself.So far and after some research i got a Santa Cruz duo freedom board at a great price about 130$ and after a long time of looking around i got a pair of DC phase boots 10.5 witch fitting me just perfect on about 76$.Now i am looking for bindings.I found some tchnine on the net.They are cheep but dont know anything about them.there are several models the one i found is Technine Mooch.Are these any good and i mean if they are good for a beginner?As i am a skateboarder for about 15 years i am getting into snowboarding pretty fast and i would like to know if i could use them for some seasons and help me progress my ridding or i would have to update them next year?And of course if anyone had problems with them breaking or so.My riding style is more all mountain as there arent parks here.Any other suggestions on bindings would be helpfull.Hope to find some soon coz the season is about to begin!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2008, 06:37 AM   #2 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Technine makes fine bindings. Those bindings will be fine for you, although I'd rather get the MFM Classic bindings. Get M/L, not S/M.

GOD IS DONUT

Last edited by legallyillegal; 11-27-2008 at 06:40 AM.
legallyillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 11:26 AM   #3 (permalink)
siberianmist

i had really bad experiences with 2 different sets of technine bindings... i really like their toe cup/caps but other than that i thought they were a poorly made binding. customer service didnt help much either they just told me "oh thats just how that binding is made" and "oh yeah thats been happening a lot"...
Old 11-27-2008, 12:27 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Im gonna be using my technines for the first time this year. but they seem to be a sturdy binding. and they were the first people to use cap straps so Ill trust them.
RidePowder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 04:32 PM   #5 (permalink)

My first technine bindings were Team 1 from a couple of years back. Those bindings were amazing, I only had one issue with them and it corrected itself right away. I ended up buying the Coulter pro from last year. So far they feel great, but I've already noticed some issues with them. Although like a big deal a piece of them peeled off, this doesn't matter to me to much cause its just cosmetic damage. Some people will suggest you put lock tight on all the screws and I would have to agree with this. The rachets on these bindings seem to come loose every now and then without warning which is my main concern.

If your just a begginer I'd say go for it, but once you've decided you wanna stick with snowboarding and want to get some better gear you may want to look somewhere else.
Old 11-28-2008, 01:11 AM   #6 (permalink)
Labrat

Thank you guys for the quick replays.Seems that snowboarding is something i like to stick with.Still havent decided if i ll go for the technine Mooch bindings or not.one other issue i have is the sizzing coz i cant find any dealers here in Greece that have them in order i can try or demo them.Witch would be the right size for 10.5 dc phase boots?Whats you opinion on Santa Cruz snowboards?I got it very cheep and as a skateboarder and big fan of santa cruz skateboards thought it was a secure choice for me but havent seen anyone using them so far.Would i have any problems fitting the Technine bindings on my board?Oh and something else i saw on the net something its called snow skates and look pretty amazing.Unfortunately i cant find them in local shops.Has anyone had tryed them?Last year after my first 2 attempts on the mountain i took off the wheels of an old deck and tryed it at an icey street but didnt respond good at all.Do i need anything else besides that snowskate to ride it like bindings or special shoes?
Old 11-28-2008, 03:14 AM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

large binding. maybe a medium depending on the brand but most manufacturers have sizing charts. If your looking for good bindings that dont cost too much, look at Drake, Bent Metal, and Ride
RidePowder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 05:58 AM   #8 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Technine is S/M or M/L. Like I said, get the M/L.

GOD IS DONUT
legallyillegal is offline   Reply With Quote