Trying vs Online Boots - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2008, 12:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
Schwaller15

Default Trying vs Online Boots

Okay, I have a bit of a dilemma here...I've been looking into getting a new pair of boots and seeing as the saying seems to go "spend what you can on boots" I've picked out a couple pairs in the $200 range, specifically the Rome Bastille, the Ride Sash Boa and I've looked at a 32style that I can't quite remember the name of. The problem is that where I live the retailers only carry $120 range boots for women, maybe one or two $150 range ones...maybe, and I've called around. I Can afford to order two at the moment and just send one back after trying them on, but I won't be able to go further than that. So should I just order two of the nicer boots and keep the more comfortable one, or should I go to stores and try on the more beginner oriented boots at the local stores.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2008, 12:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
AirRide

i might try on the same brand's lower model in the store and use that to judge what size to order. then go with the buying 2 boots method but at least this way you'll have a guide. since brands tend to run generally the same through their whole line.
Old 11-28-2008, 01:12 PM   #3 (permalink)

Uh oh! Classic boot faux-pas! Try before you buy! You're crazy if you think you can buy boots online that will work for you. I mean, if the one you like happens to be just a little bit to big or too small are you actually going to return it for the right size? Go to a store, try that shit on -- there are a dozen threads less than a month old that echo this -- and try on a bunch of pairs. And once you know which boot was made for you, if you can get it cheaper online then giddy-up! But don't risk the wrong fit just 'cause it's more convenient to avoid the shop.
mag⋅net⋅ism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 03:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I tried on a pair in a store then bought them online. Worked for me. I've had the boots for 3 years and no problems.
Flick Montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 03:01 AM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flick Montana View Post
I tried on a pair in a store then bought them online. Worked for me. I've had the boots for 3 years and no problems.
i bought mine online without even trying em on or the company on ever...worked out perfect though and i love em..
jmacphee9 is offline   Reply With Quote