Beginner to Intermediate Board - Page 5 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2013, 10:32 AM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hktrdr View Post
It was not a bad decision. Skate Banana is an excellent board for many, many riders. Some people want something different and that is ok too, but you will be just fine with the Banana for a long time.
I was a little concerned when I read reviews on the board when I got home and they kept saying the word "park", but as I read more and more, I get the impression that its more of an "all-terrain" board that can do park.
VanillaEps is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2013, 11:10 AM   #42 (permalink)

I'm going to stay with my current bindings and ride as it before I make any changes.
VanillaEps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 11:32 AM   #43 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaEps View Post
I just want to be able to link turns and get down a blue with this. I don't think I'm ready to rip it up at all...
Then the Skate Banana will be perfect for you. There are differences in boards, but forums and internet reviews seem to magnify these differences. On the slopes, the differences are still there but not as huge.

My buddy does 50 mph+ on a Skate Banana. He hopped on a Proto last year and liked it, but that was it. Nobody but me in my group visit snowboarding forums. All very happy with whatever gear they have.

Long story short ... just go have fun. You're nowhere near the level you need to be where differences between boards are that critical. Hell I'm not either and I can do a lot more than link turns and ride down a blue (not knocking, I was there 3 years ago). But 3-4 years later I can now tell the difference between boards. Some are more fun than others. But those first few years they were all fun (except too stiff death rockets).

Last edited by jdang307; 10-19-2013 at 11:37 AM.
jdang307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 11:36 AM   #44 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaEps View Post
Why do I want a more playful binding on a softer board? Explain the concept so I can understand...
To answer this question, you want to match the flex of the bindings with the flex of the board.

If you have super stiff bindings on a board that is made for park/freestyle, it may be to responsive and when you go to setup for a trick or move, the board might over-react and you'll fuck it up.

At the same time, if you put a soft binding on a stiff board, and you want to go fast, the binding will turn to mush when you're trying to control the board at high speeds and force. You could end up hurting yourself.

Some people like stiffer bindings on softer boards, and vice versa.

Where you are at, just go ahead and throw the Targas on there. It'll be fine. Didn't someone once say you can adjust the flex of the Targas some how?
jdang307 is offline   Reply With Quote