Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Beginner to Intermediate Board (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/92265-beginner-intermediate-board.html)

VanillaEps 09-17-2013 09:50 AM

Beginner to Intermediate Board

New to the forum!

I'm 5'11'', 180 lbs., and wear size 11 boots.

I currently ride a Ride Decade. Can't remember when I got it. Probably 2006-2007. I can link turns and get down the mountain for the most part.

I think its time for a new stick. Re-invigorate the passion for snowboarding in time for the new season in the Northeast.

I haven't been in the market for a new stick in a loooong time so I have no idea what's out there. I like what Ride and Rome have to offer. Some Burtons catch my eye.

When I use the Burton Board finder, I'm directed towards the Super Hero and the Custom. Any other suggestions?

DCsnow 09-17-2013 10:24 AM

if you got directed to the superhero and custom, your into sort of freestyle all mountain boards. try out the dc mega or the dc devun pro. great boards and on sale. Also, perhaps the yes basic or yes asym. steer away from stiff decks, and too soft decks.

VanillaEps 09-17-2013 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DCsnow (Post 1091449)
if you got directed to the superhero and custom, your into sort of freestyle all mountain boards. try out the dc mega or the dc devun pro. great boards and on sale. Also, perhaps the yes basic or yes asym. steer away from stiff decks, and too soft decks.

You're right. I don't really touch the park or rails.

Lamps 09-17-2013 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VanillaEps (Post 1091385)
New to the forum!

I'm 5'11'', 180 lbs., and wear size 11 boots.

I currently ride a Ride Decade. Can't remember when I got it. Probably 2006-2007. I can link turns and get down the mountain for the most part.

I think its time for a new stick. Re-invigorate the passion for snowboarding in time for the new season in the Northeast.

I haven't been in the market for a new stick in a loooong time so I have no idea what's out there. I like what Ride and Rome have to offer. Some Burtons catch my eye.

When I use the Burton Board finder, I'm directed towards the Super Hero and the Custom. Any other suggestions?

Maybe burton process?

hardasacatshead 09-17-2013 12:07 PM

Maybe a Burton Super Hero or Burton Custom?:dunno:

VanillaEps 09-17-2013 01:56 PM

I walked into the local Burton Store and checked out the Super Hero and was able to understand the differences in shapes and all that jazz. The Super Hero is most likely what I am looking for. With a flat top shape, it'll be much easier to link turns.

My only concern is matching a non-channel binding to that board. Does it hamper the responsiveness of the board?

Lamps 09-17-2013 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VanillaEps (Post 1092081)
I walked into the local Burton Store and checked out the Super Hero and was able to understand the differences in shapes and all that jazz. The Super Hero is most likely what I am looking for. With a flat top shape, it'll be much easier to link turns.

My only concern is matching a non-channel binding to that board. Does it hamper the responsiveness of the board?

As an intermediate rider I doubt you'd notice the difference. Some on here say that even if you are getting burton bindings with a channel board just get the reflex version and then you can also put them on the regular boards, the difference isn't worth the loss of flexibility.

VanillaEps 09-17-2013 04:36 PM

Are there boards out there like the Burton Super Hero that are flat or as close to flat and have the conventional bindings set up?

Lamps 09-17-2013 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VanillaEps (Post 1092369)
Are there boards out there like the Burton Super Hero that are flat or as close to flat and have the conventional bindings set up?

Ride Machete?

stan_darsh 09-18-2013 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DCsnow (Post 1091449)
your into

College :thumbsup: