Beginner to Intermediate Board - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2013, 09:50 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Beginner to Intermediate Board

New to the forum!

I'm 5'11'', 180 lbs., and wear size 11 boots.

I currently ride a Ride Decade. Can't remember when I got it. Probably 2006-2007. I can link turns and get down the mountain for the most part.

I think its time for a new stick. Re-invigorate the passion for snowboarding in time for the new season in the Northeast.

I haven't been in the market for a new stick in a loooong time so I have no idea what's out there. I like what Ride and Rome have to offer. Some Burtons catch my eye.

When I use the Burton Board finder, I'm directed towards the Super Hero and the Custom. Any other suggestions?
VanillaEps is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2013, 10:24 AM   #2 (permalink)
Gone

if you got directed to the superhero and custom, your into sort of freestyle all mountain boards. try out the dc mega or the dc devun pro. great boards and on sale. Also, perhaps the yes basic or yes asym. steer away from stiff decks, and too soft decks.
DCsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 10:38 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCsnow View Post
if you got directed to the superhero and custom, your into sort of freestyle all mountain boards. try out the dc mega or the dc devun pro. great boards and on sale. Also, perhaps the yes basic or yes asym. steer away from stiff decks, and too soft decks.
You're right. I don't really touch the park or rails.
Old 09-17-2013, 11:15 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaEps View Post
New to the forum!

I'm 5'11'', 180 lbs., and wear size 11 boots.

I currently ride a Ride Decade. Can't remember when I got it. Probably 2006-2007. I can link turns and get down the mountain for the most part.

I think its time for a new stick. Re-invigorate the passion for snowboarding in time for the new season in the Northeast.

I haven't been in the market for a new stick in a loooong time so I have no idea what's out there. I like what Ride and Rome have to offer. Some Burtons catch my eye.

When I use the Burton Board finder, I'm directed towards the Super Hero and the Custom. Any other suggestions?
Maybe burton process?
Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 12:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Maybe a Burton Super Hero or Burton Custom?
hardasacatshead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 01:56 PM   #6 (permalink)

I walked into the local Burton Store and checked out the Super Hero and was able to understand the differences in shapes and all that jazz. The Super Hero is most likely what I am looking for. With a flat top shape, it'll be much easier to link turns.

My only concern is matching a non-channel binding to that board. Does it hamper the responsiveness of the board?
Old 09-17-2013, 02:17 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
I walked into the local Burton Store and checked out the Super Hero and was able to understand the differences in shapes and all that jazz. The Super Hero is most likely what I am looking for. With a flat top shape, it'll be much easier to link turns.

My only concern is matching a non-channel binding to that board. Does it hamper the responsiveness of the board?
As an intermediate rider I doubt you'd notice the difference. Some on here say that even if you are getting burton bindings with a channel board just get the reflex version and then you can also put them on the regular boards, the difference isn't worth the loss of flexibility.
Old 09-17-2013, 04:36 PM   #8 (permalink)

Are there boards out there like the Burton Super Hero that are flat or as close to flat and have the conventional bindings set up?
Old 09-17-2013, 04:54 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Are there boards out there like the Burton Super Hero that are flat or as close to flat and have the conventional bindings set up?
Ride Machete?
Old 09-18-2013, 01:07 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCsnow View Post
your into
College
stan_darsh is offline   Reply With Quote