K2 boots + other questions - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2008, 12:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
IRO

Default K2 boots + other questions

1) I just got some new boots and was wanting some opinions before stickin' with them. They are the K2 Tracker (Dual) BOA Focus (size 13). I tried them on in-store and they felt pretty comfy, and the Dual BOA tech is really nice (up front at least). I've heard different things about BOA, so I was just wondering if I should stick with them or go o.g. with laces. Also, if anyone has recommendations for another model or different brand even, I'm all ears. I only go boarding 1-2 weeks a year, so I don't really need to drop the cash to have superb gear. Keepin' it under $200 feels about right.

2) My board and bindings got ghetto. I'm 6'2", about 175 lbs, and wear a 13. My board is an '06 Burton Baron 157. That's not terribly short, but I feel I need a 162 or somethin since I kinda ride all over the place. As for my bindings, somewhere along the line some joker put two left-footed bindings (Cartel) in the box and I didn't notice this till it was too late. I've ridden that setup a few times and it wasn't horrible, but it could have been better. So I'm not sure if I want to try and get a new setup because I don't ride that often, but when I do I don't want it to be problematic. If I did get new gear, I was lookin' at a Rome Manual 162 with Burton, Ride, or Rome bindings, preferably 07/08 stuff to save some money. What do ya think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2008, 02:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

The boots are stiff freeride boots. Should be fine if you're not a park rat.

Your board should also be fine for you. You don't NEED a new board.

For bindings, get some new Cartels, or try to find some Rome Targas. You could also find some Rome Arsenals (again, not recommended for park rats).

Someone is going to say Union Force.

GOD IS DONUT

Last edited by legallyillegal; 11-29-2008 at 02:04 PM.
legallyillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 04:42 AM   #3 (permalink)
Fallen Saint

Quote:
Originally Posted by legallyillegal View Post
Someone is going to say Union Force.
LOL Probably. I've got DC Alliagence's with duel zone BOA and I love them. They've treated me great and so did the Judges (single zone boa) I had before these. That being said, take the time to familiarize yourself with working on the BOA system, go ahead and buy an extra set of cables (ya I know more money but it's better to have them and not need them than to need them and not have them), and you'll be fine. I've tried to bust my boas and haven't managed to screw them up. Closest I came was actually stupidity at home while trying to break them in. If you really want more info about the BOAs look for my post tomorrow or later this week. As requested, I'm going to be taking my BOA system apart and posting pictures so people can see what it looks like and how easy it is to work on/fix.

As for bindings, I would definitely suggest going with Rome, either Targa or 390. Targa if you can get them.

As for your board, 157 is around the bottom end of what you want to be riding at your height/weight. I'm 6'1 215lbs and I'm riding a 159 Skate Banana. I think the biggest problem for you with a stick that size isn't really if it's too short but is it wide enough. Toe/heel drag sucks w

Just my 2 cent.