union force bindings with size 10 boots? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2008, 02:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
jsmits420

Default union force bindings with size 10 boots?

couldn't find it anywhere so just curious if anyone has had experience with this. im looking at vans encore size 10 and i dont want to get the large size bindings so they dont hange over. and the bindings are going on a 156 Forum destroyer, the 09 model. any help would be appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2008, 03:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Get the M/L they'll be fine. I'm in a size 9 BFB and I dont have my forces maxed all the way out. They'll fit no problem.
Extremo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 12:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
Tolem

Union reccomends that their L/XL bindings be used on size 9+ boots, and yeah of course there is some overlapping the Medium size bindings work on those boots too. I use 10.5 boots and I found that with the medium bindings there wasnt enough ratchet strap left after i cranked it down.

Since you say you cant find them in a store order online from a place with a good exchange policy. I guess with a size 10 you will be fine in the medium but there's a reason they say sizes 9+ can fit in the large, all depends on the boot. Id rather have a little room to work with than be on the bleeding edge of having my bindings fit over my boots.
Old 11-30-2008, 03:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
jsmits420

yeaa i guess im gonna find out on friday i already ordered everything. ill let you guys know how it goes im pumped ! i will be hittin the slopes up right after i get some bud and my setup juuust right
Old 03-19-2012, 04:27 AM   #5 (permalink)

Hey ! can you please tell us if M/L works well on size 10 boots ? I have recently bought Union Forces SL M/L and a pair of Nike Zoom DK size 9.5. The boots are a bit too small but and i might get a size 10 if i get rid of thi pair first.This 9.5 fits pretty well in the bindings after adjusting them properly but i am not sure how great will size 10 do. I am also concerned about how big should the baseplate be to assure full support.should i have heel and toe overhand over the binding ? I'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to this.

Thank you !!!
detailwun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 04:51 AM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I fit my 10.5 kaiju in M/L contact pros no problem. Heel cup is set to 2 and straps arent maxed out.
Qball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 05:16 AM   #7 (permalink)

Ah, ok... but how's the baseplate? Can you feel is too small and you would do better with L/ XL ?A bit of Heel/Toe overhang on the binding is a bad thing?
I find very few info or nothing about this searching on google. Thank you
Old 03-19-2012, 10:00 AM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

DO NOT GET THE MEDIUM/LARGES!!

i have size 10 boots and 2012 union forces..the medium/larges get completely maxed out and you can barely get the bindings to ratchet...if you get the large,x/l then they will fit, but youre going to have to adjust the binding straps the other way and youre going to come close to maxing them out tightening them down. honestly, for size 10, i dont recommend these bindings. thats the worst size boot for them, and the toe cap is going to slip off CONSTANTLY because with the m/l itll be too small and wont ratchet and the l/xl will be too big and wont ever get tight enough. i will def be buying new bindings next season. also, they have about 15 days on them and the ankle strap is tearing, the acid green heel cup is ALLLLLL kinds of torn up, and the padding on the highback is falling apart. def disappointed with these

Never Summer Evo 153/Restricted ReFlex Cartel
Gnu Danny Kass 156 BTX
East告de is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:12 AM   #9 (permalink)

thanks for your answer Eastside, but i have purchased a pair of Union Force SL size M/L few weeks ago, as i said. I have them allready in my room My 9.5 Nike fits well, but i'm about to get the size 10, that's why i was concerned. My heelcup isn't maxed out, neither the toe strap or the baseplate extension ( i don't know how is it called exactly). I guessthey will fit fine, my main concern was if i loose any amount of performance, maxing out the binding's adjustments, and having my heel/ toe overhanging a little bit more than most riders boots do.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:15 AM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

ooh..maybe your boot's footprint is slightly smaller than mine was but i literally had to crank down HARD just to get one ratchet to click when i used the m/l's. you shouldnt lose any performance maxing out the adjustments as long as you feel that they hold your foot in safely, but in my opinion, id rather have them maxed out going the other way....id rather have way too much adjustability than almost none at all.. at least now i know these are clamped down hard with the l/xl's. the upside is you probably wont have the toe cap issues i do.

Never Summer Evo 153/Restricted ReFlex Cartel
Gnu Danny Kass 156 BTX
East告de is offline   Reply With Quote