Burton cable lock - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2008, 08:02 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Burton cable lock

anyone have any experience with it? i saw it in the store yesterday and i like that it's so light
SpAcEmAn SpLiFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2008, 08:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

yeah i picked one up this year as there were a few thefts at my nearby hill last year and i just purchased and expensive board that i don't want stolen. they are light, small and work well. i put it in one of my jacket pockets and i never even notice it's there while riding. i've also done a little strength test and yanked on it pretty hard to see if i could pop it loose if the combo was only a number off and it held up. i'd recommend it for the few bucks it costs and the money it potentially saves you from getting your board stolen.
Glade Ripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 12:31 PM   #3 (permalink)

im sorta worried that it can break easily. i feel like a good swift kick could crack the entire casing in half..
Old 12-01-2008, 12:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpAcEmAn SpLiFF View Post
im sorta worried that it can break easily. i feel like a good swift kick could crack the entire casing in half..
I always lock mine so it's a pain in the ass to get to. Obviously if someone is really dedicated to getting your board there is nothing anyone can do, but I feel like someone sitting there kicking a lock might draw a little attention.
Old 12-01-2008, 12:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

First off, kudos on the Calvin and Hobbes name. Second, any lock is going to deter all by the most determined thieves. Just seeing a lock is usually enough to move them on. If they can just snatch and grab a board, they aren't going to draw attention by kicking a lock apart. I don't know about you, but if I saw someone doing that, I'd say something.
Flick Montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 01:30 PM   #6 (permalink)
stnd

The only thing I didn't like about it is that it was short when you extend it fully. I ended up buying one that is a bit longer so I can lock two boards at once more easily.

As others have said all of these locks are shit, and a person with a good cutter will get through them. The point is to deter the ones looking for unlocked gear.
Old 12-01-2008, 02:11 PM   #7 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by stnd View Post
The only thing I didn't like about it is that it was short when you extend it fully. I ended up buying one that is a bit longer so I can lock two boards at once more easily.
I always use mine to lock two boards
Old 12-01-2008, 02:20 PM   #8 (permalink)
lostintention

Yeah I just picked one up and it works well. I dont know how strong it is, but like everyone else said if someone is looking to simply steal a board the chances your locked up board will be taken over the board just sitting next to yours is alot less likely.
Old 12-02-2008, 12:40 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flick Montana View Post
First off, kudos on the Calvin and Hobbes name. Second, any lock is going to deter all by the most determined thieves. Just seeing a lock is usually enough to move them on. If they can just snatch and grab a board, they aren't going to draw attention by kicking a lock apart. I don't know about you, but if I saw someone doing that, I'd say something.
hhaha thanks. very little people get that nowadays
Old 12-02-2008, 02:32 PM   #10 (permalink)

Ha, im home sick today ad have been killing time with the internet and reading my old Calvin & Hobbes books! How random!
switchface is offline   Reply With Quote