New bindings - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2008, 01:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
infamous16

Default New bindings

So right now I'm riding a Ride Havoc 152, old ass ride ls bingings and ride orion boots.

The bindings are really old and i need new nicer ones. My boot size is 11, and is still getting bigger. So first of all, is there a way that i can get some bindings that will be able to fit boots like 11-13?

Second, will i need to get a wide board for these new bindings?

What bindings do you reccomend for $250 or less for mostly free riding, and some occasional park?

I'll start asking board questions if i need a new one, but i've only had it for a couple years and i thought it would be able to last me another, but my next board will probably be between a 156-160.

thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2008, 03:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

If you plan on having size 13 feet eventually, you will probably need a wide board. Rome Arsenal bindings are great for riding the mountain, but not great for the park. That's what I use. Depends on how much you ride park. Large bindings typically fit up to size 11 or 12 at most. 12-15 would be XL. I would got for XL if you think you're going to have size 13 feet soon. Otherwise, with an 11 a Large will fit fine.
Flick Montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 03:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
infamous16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flick Montana View Post
If you plan on having size 13 feet eventually, you will probably need a wide board. Rome Arsenal bindings are great for riding the mountain, but not great for the park. That's what I use. Depends on how much you ride park. Large bindings typically fit up to size 11 or 12 at most. 12-15 would be XL. I would got for XL if you think you're going to have size 13 feet soon. Otherwise, with an 11 a Large will fit fine.
Well those rome arsenals do look very nice, i think ill get a pair. There sizing is L/XL so do you think i will need a wide board if i get a ~156 board? And would they fit on my 152 board for this year with my 11 boots, or would it just be a better idea to order a new board with my rome arsenals? I looked at a forum board that i liked alot, and its description looked like it fit my needs really well. just looked its called the forum stomper (and its wide, so i might not go with it if i dont need a wide board)

And really i dont ride park, but my friends do so i try to sometimes, but im not that great and dont plan on getting that great.
Old 11-30-2008, 03:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
Fallen Saint

Rome does their binding sizes S/M or L/XL. I would take your boot (if you're going into a shop) and see how it and a 13 fit in the Arsenal. Barring that I would go with the Rome Targa. Targas are HIGHLY customizable and I know for a fact that they can be adjusted to fit down to a size 10 boot or a much large boot since the straps are actually adjustable. If the Targa are too expensive check the 390s as they are almost the same as the Targa.
As for your stick, I would say with a size 11 right now you're probably going to be okay for another year but if you have to get anything over a 12 you'll want a wide board. 12 is generally the boarderline size for narrow or wide boards. A good option (to save money) would be to consider using a riser until your feet stop growing.
Old 11-30-2008, 04:03 PM   #5 (permalink)
infamous16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Saint View Post
Rome does their binding sizes S/M or L/XL. I would take your boot (if you're going into a shop) and see how it and a 13 fit in the Arsenal. Barring that I would go with the Rome Targa. Targas are HIGHLY customizable and I know for a fact that they can be adjusted to fit down to a size 10 boot or a much large boot since the straps are actually adjustable. If the Targa are too expensive check the 390s as they are almost the same as the Targa.
As for your stick, I would say with a size 11 right now you're probably going to be okay for another year but if you have to get anything over a 12 you'll want a wide board. 12 is generally the boarderline size for narrow or wide boards. A good option (to save money) would be to consider using a riser until your feet stop growing.
well, if im not going to be in the park much, what would be the best choice?

and i think i can get some nicer bindings if i dont get a new board this year.
Old 12-01-2008, 01:54 AM   #6 (permalink)
Fallen Saint

Quote:
Originally Posted by infamous16 View Post
well, if im not going to be in the park much, what would be the best choice?

and i think i can get some nicer bindings if i dont get a new board this year.
My suggestion for bindings? Definitely the Targa. They really are great bindings, and their customizing is really nice and more likely to let you keep using them as you grown without sacrificing performance. They are however kinda expensive. Hmmm all things considered, since you don't NEED a new board this year, I would say wait on the new board and just pony up for the Targas this year because they're quality and they'll last you. But that's just my opinion.