Good boot's for a beginner/intermediate boarder? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2008, 07:54 AM   #1 (permalink)
snopro879

Default Good boot's for a beginner/intermediate boarder?

Hello, this would be my first post on this site. So, I'm very new to snowboarding, never really had the itch to try but my girlfriend dragged me to Mt. Holley (in Michigan) a couple of weeks ago and now I'm hooked. I have a Forum Destroyer on it's way, but I still need a set of boots. I am an avid snowmobiler as well, and I'd like to use snowboard boots to both ride snowboards and snowmobiles, so I think I'd like to get something with at least a moderate flex. Do you guys have any suggestions on what to get? My family's begging me for a Chirstmas list so I figure asking for a set of boots would work...maybe something in the $200 or less range? I just want something comfortable, after using the rental boots at Mt. Holley I realize how importaint a good fitting pair of boots are. Anyone with any input or good experiences with a set of boots please let me know. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2008, 12:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Dont have other people buy you boots!

Snowboarding boots are not like shoes, one size does not fit all. Because they are so tight fitting, differences in peoples foot shape makes some boots more comfortable than others..and some downright painful to wear.

If they want a christmas list, go to REI or any of other local type shop that sells boots and try on as many as you can and find the most comfortable boot. The most people can do is give you their general opinion on a boot and its durability/comfort, since no two feet are the same.

Then tell your family to buy you a gift card for said store, or just give them the exact type/size you liked best.
arsenic0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 12:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Couldn't agree more. Unless you know exactly what boot you want, don't have anyone buy it for you. Also, make sure you know what kind of boarding you plan on doing before you buy one. You don't want a soft boot unless you're going to be in the park more often than not. A soft boot on the hill will make it harder to transfer your power in turns.

Gift card is a good idea. Or they could buy bindings or gear for you.
Flick Montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 05:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Boots are THE most important part of a set up, so if you want to enjoy snowboarding get good boots. There are plenty of quality boots in the $200 range but so many boots have different characteristics such as width and flex. What kind of riding do you do? Or are thinking of trying? Is your foot wide or narrow?
Extremo is offline   Reply With Quote