Need advice on my new board - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2008, 04:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
Spionin

Default Need advice on my new board

Last year I got a new board but only had the chance to try it out once. It was definitely a lot harder for me to turn than my old one. It's also has a lot more flex than my old stiff one, but it's not overly flexible, probably somewhere in the middle. I'm not sure if it's too long for me & that's why I was having some trouble controling it. I have a 152 & I'm 5'6.5, about 115. Opinions?

Last edited by Spionin; 12-01-2008 at 05:18 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2008, 05:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
kyouness

i'd say probably a 146 or 148 for your weight would be ideal depending on what you use it for. i weight 130 and i ride a 152, and that's definitely not park board size for me, so i'm betting your board is like trying to ride a big stiff plank around. i'm guessing you used the "chin & nose" method when you picked your board instead of going by weight? because i'm only half an inch taller than you but the weight difference is the key.

Last edited by kyouness; 12-01-2008 at 05:11 PM.
Old 12-01-2008, 05:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
Spionin

I freeride for now, but would definitely like to get into park this year, so i know I'll need a shorter board. Do you think 146-148 would be good to do both?
Old 12-01-2008, 07:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
Jakeapalooza22

I would say that if you want to get into park get a good park board...dont try to split the difference.
Old 12-01-2008, 08:38 PM   #5 (permalink)
kyouness

the 146-148 would be great for you for all-mountain freestyle riding. the 146 would be perfect if you plan on focusing mainly in the park but still have room to ride the mountain; about 50/50. the 148 is going to be good for like 70/30 mountain and park. for a pure park board, probably a 142, but since you're just starting out in the park i wouldn't recommend going straight to a pure park noodle.

Last edited by kyouness; 12-01-2008 at 08:42 PM.
Old 12-02-2008, 12:35 AM   #6 (permalink)
Spionin

Thanks for the advice. Guess I'll be in the market for a new board. If anyone has a board they're selling, let me know.