high end groomer bomber - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2013, 03:10 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default high end groomer bomber

I'm looking for a board for pointing. Not for the park, not for pow days, not for messing around in the trees, not for heavy moguls. for all conditions of steep groomers. I ride Crested Butte a lot and race around with fast ski guys. We do a lot of pointing international from top to bottom.

I want it to have a lot of feel and good pop. really needs good bite but forgiving enough for choppy snow at speed.

Basically what I'm looking for is something that is good on black groomers... really the key is something that can handle ice, slush, and skied out groomers at high speeds. I don't want to get an alpine board but something that's almost going in that direction. I may do some back country and pow with it but the key is something that's fast and responsive at high speed.

I have other boards but I want something for going down groomers 90%+ of the time. (current's a burton custom 64 which I'll be using for pow)

Is the Arbor Cona in a 160 - 162 something that would work for this?

(I'm 6', 210lbs, advanced rider)

I want a board for bombing Groomers. I want something that is FAST. I want something that is fast in slush, ice, and fresh groomed runs.

Thanks for any help and advice
bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2013, 03:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Kessler, virus, oxess, pretty much anything bx or bx inspired
bseracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 03:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Burton custom X
Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 03:26 PM   #4 (permalink)

Thanks for the advice. I really like the new arbor coda's... is that something that would work or is a Kessler type board going to be so much better that I should definitely go in that direction? I've never ridden anything like the kessler or alpine boards. It is it night and day compared to all mountain boards?
Old 09-26-2013, 03:35 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamps View Post
Burton custom X
I have a custom that I've been riding. I may check out the custom X, they are more what I need instead of the custom (pow and speed)

I want something different...

I want it to have enough flex that I can just sail over choppy groomers and carve with... I'm not going to be hiking with this or chasing pow... just racing around with my ski buddies. I really am leaning toward a more alpine style for speed, but I tried out a arbor and really loved the feel of it. The thing is I'm only buying one new board and if the alpine style is much faster and responsive and something I should be talked into I may go that direction with it. Next summer I may look into a custom X
Old 09-26-2013, 03:50 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I got just the thing.

Casual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 03:52 PM   #7 (permalink)

You started out with a really precise purpose (groomers, only groomers!) But then started adding conflicting requirements (well, okay. Groomers, but also chop. And slush. Maybe some pow too.)

Every feature that makes a board stronger in soft snow and chunder will make it weaker on firm groomers, so you kind of have to pick a direction and stick with it.
Irahi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 04:10 PM   #8 (permalink)

I understand, let me clarify. Groomers... all year full day. I've been on boards that are great for freshly groomed runs and ice but on warm days in the afternoon are not great when the snow is soft and 5000 people have trashed the snow. I have a board I ride in fresh pow and a board for the park... I need something for when a buddy goes lets run international top to bottom for a beer... and i get near the bottom and end up squirly or slow in sloppy snow.

I'm not that hardcore so I have a hard time going BX or alpine all the way.

I dont hang out in the park. and this is for days when there is no pow and I dont feel like going backcountry or take the T bar. idk if that's any better lol

Last edited by bomber; 09-26-2013 at 04:13 PM.
Old 09-26-2013, 04:18 PM   #9 (permalink)

Jones Flagship or Carbon Flagship or maybe Prior MFR possibly. Camber board with rocker on the contact points.
OU812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 04:23 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irahi View Post
Every feature that makes a board stronger in soft snow and chunder will make it weaker on firm groomers, so you kind of have to pick a direction and stick with it.
I see what your saying... and I really dont know which direction to go in... thats why I'm looking for help... should I go in the alpine direction or go with something thats long with more pop than my custom? I've been riding my whole life and am just now in a position to actually spend some $$ and buy myself a new board rather than just wearing out all mountain boards