Anyone know this board? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2008, 12:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
djake

Default Anyone know this board?

Hey guys, I'm looking at this board and can't seem to find any info on it. Anybody know what it is (year/model/ect?) And is it a good price? I'm just starting out and want something that will be good to learn on and then upgrade as need be.

Thanks!

DJ

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2008, 12:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
tands05

Forum makes great snowboards but I am unsure of the year...It appears to be a 159cm based on the logo on it. What is the price they are asking
Old 12-02-2008, 12:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
djake

Quote:
Originally Posted by tands05 View Post
Forum makes great snowboards but I am unsure of the year...It appears to be a 159cm based on the logo on it. What is the price they are asking

$200 and it comes with K2 v10 magma bindings.
Old 12-02-2008, 12:49 PM   #4 (permalink)

From what I saw...it does not seem to be either of 2004,2005,2006 JP walker models....so I'd be hesitant
romesaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 05:05 PM   #5 (permalink)

i would guess that board is at least 5-6 years old. forum hasnt rocked that version of their logo in quite some time. my guess would be 2002.

Last edited by maybeitsjustme; 12-02-2008 at 05:17 PM.
maybeitsjustme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 05:27 PM   #6 (permalink)
djake

He said it has only been used a couple times, and it's in new perfect condition. Should I stay away? Reason I'm asking is because I just bought a new cheaper board but would like to get a better one first if I could, plus I know the bindings are rated pretty good.
Old 12-02-2008, 06:26 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I'd say 01/02 as well... It is a JP Walker edition and it's from Forum's hey day in terms of board quality so it shouldn't be too bad. Still seems a bit expensive to me though for a board that old. I'd see if you can get him down under the $200 maybe $125-150 and I'd take it.

What type of other board did you buy?
lisevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 06:54 PM   #8 (permalink)
djake

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisevolution View Post
I'd say 01/02 as well... It is a JP Walker edition and it's from Forum's hey day in terms of board quality so it shouldn't be too bad. Still seems a bit expensive to me though for a board that old. I'd see if you can get him down under the $200 maybe $125-150 and I'd take it.

What type of other board did you buy?
Sims Nexus & Sims Link Combi bindings for $140 brand new after Thanksgiving sale (MSRP $299 and $129 respectivly). I've read up on it here and other places, I know the board sucks for anything more than beginners, but I don't care. I just bought it because it was cheap as hell, and if I like snowboarding (I assume I'm going to), I'll be buying a new board soon.
Old 12-04-2008, 02:06 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

People slam alot of the "beginner" boards like Lamar and Sims, but dude it's your first board... ride it for the season make sure you're into the sport 100% then go cop something fresh towards the end of the season on closeout. This is going to be a tough year for the snow sports industry due to the expense involved in both skiing and snowboarding so I would expect to see some stupid deals later in the year. Look around at the end of January and into February and you should be able to get something super tight for the rest of the year and the next few seasons.
lisevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 02:10 PM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I agree. You're fine on a cheap beginner board if you're actually a beginner. There's no shame in the cheap brands when you're starting out. Save the cash, ride the cheap board and buy something nice when next year starts. You won't be able to fully enjoy an advanced board as a beginner anyways. The only reason to have one as a beginner is if you are afraid someone will point and laugh.
Flick Montana is offline   Reply With Quote