rome boards reviews - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2008, 04:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
mattiasmarois

Talking rome boards reviews

here you can give your opinion on any rome board, and ask questions.

Hopes this helps anyone looking for a rome boards

P.S I just bought a rome anthem, havn't got to ride it yet but reviews on other sites and stuff says its an awesome board, will perfome well in the park as well as all-mountain

hopthis also helps
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rome_anthem_159_09.jpg (35.5 KB, 137 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2008, 04:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
ThirdEye

Would like to hear more on the artifact and the artifact 1985. How are the bronze edges when carving?
Old 12-02-2008, 04:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I own both a Rome Anthem and a Rome Design. They are so good I've seen no reason to buy anything besides Rome so far. I also own the Arsenal bindings and they are phenomenal as well. I recommend Rome highly.
Flick Montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 04:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
Danimal!!!!!!

Location: Frederick, MD in other words to far from the big mountains

I personally own a Anthem, Agent, and a Graft. All from past years. the Anthem is like 5 or 6 years old, the Agent is 3 years old and the Graft is last seasons.

The Anthem is a great freeride type of board that can still hold its own in pipe and on jumps. Awesome edge hold and good pop. It's not really oriented towards jibbing.

The Agent is a phenomenal board made to push your progression. I pushed my riding so much further the year I got this board it was crazy. It has great edge hold and pop, with its alomost twin shape it makes rideing switch easy but still give a little bit of the benefit of a directional board. Great in the park, you can jib with it and it still floats in powder.

The Graft I have really limited expeirience on this board since I picked it up at the end of last season so I have only rode it twice. But from my limited use it is the easiest thing I have ever had to ride switch on, but that might be becasue it is the first true twin board I have ever had. It does seem to be slower than anything I have ever riden before and that is personally a little aggrivating for me because I like to go fast. But like I said I have limited use of it so I haven't really gotten to push it on this board. Sedition actually has a great review of this particular board. If you would like to check it out it has a lot of good info.
Old 12-02-2008, 05:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
paedu_ch

what do you guys think about the rome flag? is this just the wide version of the anthem?
Old 12-02-2008, 05:21 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paedu_ch View Post
what do you guys think about the rome flag? is this just the wide version of the anthem?
Funny you would ask about the Flag, I was just about to chime in with my personal take on this board. I ride a Flag 168 from 07 and it is super fast, poppy and stable. The edge hold is great even on when riding here on the ice coast. I am much more of a free-rider at this point in my life and I honestly have not taken this thing into the park at all except for a couple of 50-50's and board slides on some boxes. It is a bit stiff but not nearly as stiff as the Ride Yukon I used to own. That said the flex is just right to pop an ollie off a roller. It is not very good switch as it is directional but that's really the only negative I can think of in my year riding it.

It is an all mountain killer that is definitely the wide version of the Anthem. Helped me get very comfortable at speed on steeper terrain than I was ever comfortable riding before.
lisevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 05:27 PM   #7 (permalink)

Talking 20% Off Rome Snowboards

20% off snow gear orders over $199 at Daddies Board Shop

Use Discount Code: HOLIDAY2008

ROME BOARDS IN STOCK & FREE SHIPPING:

172mm Notch (Coming Soon)
Design
Mod
Agent
Artifact
Manual
MiniShred
Need Proof? Visit our Customer Reviews

FOLLOW OUR DEALS ON FACEBOOK!
Daddies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 05:46 PM   #8 (permalink)
sky1118

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
Would like to hear more on the artifact and the artifact 1985. How are the bronze edges when carving?

I just picked up an Artifact.
its alright at carving.. but not all the great for it.
bronze edges seem to be holding up good. but i havent really left the park with it yet lol.
Old 12-02-2008, 05:57 PM   #9 (permalink)
paedu_ch

thanks lisevolution, i'm currently looking for a new allmountain board that is flexible, easy to turn and forgiveable as well. beside
the flag i'm thinking about a ride antic 162w, never summer sl-r 164 and the arbor element (not sure if 161 or 165.
i'm 6'2 and 190-200lbs, boot size 10.5. what would you recommend?
may i ask about your size because i was looking for the flag 163. would that be right for me?

Last edited by paedu_ch; 12-02-2008 at 06:05 PM.
Old 12-02-2008, 06:06 PM   #10 (permalink)

agent 160 or 162

I ride a Flag 163. My only complaints is that it is too stiff to do a lot of jibbing and mine has some nice chips where the top sheet peeled a bit. It is very stable at high speeds and is very responsive. The agent is more in your ballpark, or the slash if you decide to get a wide.
Bagels is offline   Reply With Quote