Jamie Lynn C3 or Gnu Billy Goat C3 - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2013, 12:05 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by walove View Post
Malolo has taper to help in powder, the brando Lando is tapered and would be closest. The lanina is a directional with a rockered nose would also be a good choice.
Both sound like good boards but the Brando is C2 and I really wanna stay away from the floaty side. The la nina sounds like a good option. I wonder how that would fare compared to the Phoenix, and the Billy Goat.

Last edited by adubg; 10-03-2013 at 12:12 PM.
adubg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2013, 12:41 PM   #12 (permalink)
Veteran Member

The new beast would be an interesting option.
bseracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 08:56 PM   #13 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by adubg View Post
Both sound like good boards but the Brando is C2 and I really wanna stay away from the floaty side. The la nina sounds like a good option. I wonder how that would fare compared to the Phoenix, and the Billy Goat.
C2 is not a particularly 'floaty' profile. Has enough rocker to make it more 'loose' but not nearly enough to get a lot of float.
hktrdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 09:28 PM   #14 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARSENALFAN View Post
Bought this years Billy Goat. I hope it lives up to expectations. Let you know in a month or sooner.
Very nice. Im going to pick one up as well. Such a good board, specially for the price they basically give them away.
blunted_nose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 09:31 PM   #15 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by blunted_nose View Post
Very nice. Im going to pick one up as well. Such a good board, specially for the price they basically give them away.
Well I don't consider $560 CAN giving them away, but then again, I am not a rich Okotopian...lol
ARSENALFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 09:39 PM   #16 (permalink)
Resident poet

agreed, bg is not floaty, it is looser feeling, in part because it is torsionally softer...imo what make it want to keep the nose in the fall line. However it is lengthwise fairly stiff...so compared to like a banana, it does not fold up and there is something to push against when riding the deeper. So when riding deeper you just shift a tad to the aft...but it doesn't give way/fold up like a banana. There is not nearly as much rocker like a banana...so its a quick fore/aft shift to get on the nose/tail. In a way the bg is a very responsive board and just small/subtle movements to get it to engage. Its a lively board. I think the genius of the board is torsionally softer, longitudinally stiff and narrow for quick edge to edge. Idk but think the c3 might be an improvement. For me, I like to try a bg that nothing was changed but having it be a full cambered with a medium pop....much like an old women's gnu b-nice that was narrow, mag, cambered...that was such a fun lively board that had some pop. The bg has some pop but you have to load it up...it naturally just wants to fly straight off things with out pop...which is fine...cause it lands surefooted. If you get a goat...just know it is not a deep pow floaty board. Last year was riding some dry fluff that was thigh/waist deep but had a firm bottom...the goat handled the fluff and it would hit the bottom and keep going...a banana would have just folded, a pow deck would have never hit bottom.

Like any deck it is about what compromises are you willing to tolerate. I just think that the goat is the deck made for usual the pnw terrain and snow. Temple has a vid of riding the goat...that pretty says it all...and the pow he is riding is knee deep...not waist.
Old 10-03-2013, 11:07 PM   #17 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARSENALFAN View Post
Well I don't consider $560 CAN giving them away, but then again, I am not a rich Okotopian...lol
Oh i got mine for 350. Considering the board, that's like 100 more then a Sims board from sportcheck, lol. And i'm definitively not rich, specially after the 1000 dollar fine for discharging a BB gun within city limits. Like just fuck my life

No snowboarding this winter
blunted_nose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 11:43 PM   #18 (permalink)

Got my for 275 new 2011-2012 model from dogfunk during the 50% off on march 1st that year.
24WERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 02:29 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hktrdr View Post
C2 is not a particularly 'floaty' profile. Has enough rocker to make it more 'loose' but not nearly enough to get a lot of float.
Cool, well I went a head and got last years Jamie Lynn classic and some 13' flamingo cartels to seal the deal! I think the classic is very close to this years BG. I think it will be a good comprise for me. Excited for the new season and hopefully lots of good snow and powder! Thanks for everyone's input!
adubg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 02:38 AM   #20 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by adubg View Post
Cool, well I went a head and got last years Jamie Lynn classic and some 13' flamingo cartels to seal the deal! I think the classic is very close to this years BG. I think it will be a good comprise for me. Excited for the new season and hopefully lots of good snow and powder! Thanks for everyone's input!
Nice. Yes, last year's Classic should be pretty similar to the BG this year - a little wider at the waist so not quite as quick edge-to-edge and a little less lively/more stable.

Last edited by hktrdr; 10-08-2013 at 06:39 PM.
hktrdr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
billy goat, gnu, jamie lynn, phoenix