Jamie Lynn C3 or Gnu Billy Goat C3 - Page 3 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2013, 05:31 PM   #21 (permalink)

Unhappy What about waist width?

Like I said I think im gonna go with the Jamie Lynn. However at 160cm the waist width of the board is 257mm as opposed to the Billy Goat 162cm at 253mm waist width. Am I gonna have a problem with the Jamie Lynn being too wide? My shoe size is a 10 US with low profile Salomon dialogue boots. I am 6'1" and weight 176 pounds. What do you guys think? I know lots of you guys have the T.Rice 161.5 which has a wist width of 160mm. I am now worried that it is too wide and I'm gonna have to return it.

Last edited by adubg; 10-08-2013 at 10:01 PM.
adubg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2013, 06:37 PM   #22 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by adubg View Post
Like I said I think im gonna go with the Jamie Lynn. However at 160cm the waist width of the board is 257mm as opposed to the Billy Goat 162cm at 153mm waist width. Am I gonna have a problem with the Jamie Lynn being too wide? My shoe size is a 10 US with low profile Salomon dialogue boots. I am 6'1" and weight 176 pounds. What do you guys think? I know lots of you guys have the T.Rice 161.5 which has a wist width of 160mm. I am now worried that it is too wide and I'm gonna have to return it.
Either one will be fine. But as I said in my last post, the BG will be somewhat quicker edge-to-edge, but depending on your riding the impact might be small.
hktrdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 10:04 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hktrdr View Post
Either one will be fine. But as I said in my last post, the BG will be somewhat quicker edge-to-edge, but depending on your riding the impact might be small.
Enough to be negligible? I just want to make sure I'm making the right choice. I want this board to last for 3-4 years.
Old 10-08-2013, 10:14 PM   #24 (permalink)
Resident poet

go to a shop that has both boards, take your boots and put your boots on the board where you'd put your bindings and see how they fit. But size 10 and only 4mm difference...not going to matter much imho...ur going to be fine

...but idk I got size 7 feet and 25.0 is my limit for waist width....and prefer a 24-24.75....though my Charlie Slasher 164 is 26.0
Old 10-09-2013, 07:55 PM   #25 (permalink)
Veteran Member

The Jamie Lynn has a straighter side cut so it will be about the same width at the inserts
Old 10-10-2013, 10:51 AM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrathfuldeity View Post
go to a shop that has both boards, take your boots and put your boots on the board where you'd put your bindings and see how they fit. But size 10 and only 4mm difference...not going to matter much imho...ur going to be fine

...but idk I got size 7 feet and 25.0 is my limit for waist width....and prefer a 24-24.75....though my Charlie Slasher 164 is 26.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by walove View Post
The Jamie Lynn has a straighter side cut so it will be about the same width at the inserts
Received the board yesterday in the mail, it fits perfectly. In fact with my boots I have 1" over hang on either side. Shoes off I have about a 1cm over hang at 15/-15 deg at the inserts with heels at the edge. I love the graphics of this board! Can't wait to get out and try it. Unfortunately, I will be in Arizona until December. Hopefully Arizona sunrise will have some good snow this year!

Tags
billy goat, gnu, jamie lynn, phoenix