Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Jamie Lynn C3 or Gnu Billy Goat C3 (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/94905-jamie-lynn-c3-gnu-billy-goat.html)

adubg 10-03-2013 12:30 AM

Jamie Lynn C3 or Gnu Billy Goat C3

Can't decide which one to buy Jamie Lynn Phoenix C3 or Gnu Billy Goat C3. I don't hit the terrain park very much and mostly enjoy backcountry, groomers, and POW. I live in Arizona but I am from WA and frequently visit and snowboard most of the time there. I have tried a T. Rice but really didn't like the edge hold it felt squirrely and I just couldn't feel as confident on it. My prior board was a burton malolo 162 and before that a burton 7 and lib tech matt cummins. They seem pretty close to the same board but can't decide which one to pick! I haven't tried either and don't think Ill have the opportunity to. Based on my riding which one would be best? Thanks!:dizzy: BTW I'm 6'1" 178 pounds.

bseracka 10-03-2013 12:56 AM

The bg is quicker edge to edge due to the narrow waist. Depending on your foot size this could be an issue. Between these 2 just pick the one you like more

adubg 10-03-2013 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bseracka (Post 1127841)
The bg is quicker edge to edge due to the narrow waist. Depending on your foot size this could be an issue. Between these 2 just pick the one you like more

I'm a size 10 US shoe size and use the low profile Salomon boot. How good are these boards going to perform in powder? Is one better than the other? Compare to my old cambered burton malolo.

Jibfreak 10-03-2013 01:18 AM

I had the Jamie Lynn last season. Such a rippin board. I don't think you can go wrong with either one, but supporting pro models is a cool thing to do.

I rode mine in late season PNW powder and it charged through heavy mashed tater snow and crud. Great float too. This thing really feels locked in on turns, so I would put it at an intermediate to advanced riders board because I could see a newer rider catching a rough edge on this beast.

Supra 10-03-2013 01:36 AM

neither will float as well as your malolo did

wrathfuldeity 10-03-2013 03:53 AM

I'm 180#, last year rode a c2 BG159 split, in/out...worked great for everythng but deep beyond 16"...not a deep powder board like a malolo. I'd imagine a c3 will have a bit of pop and ride more like a cam for the groomed and packed. imo its a advanced/expert, really quick edge to edge, sure footed and loves to keep its nose in the fall line...requires dynamic riding with lots of cross unders and mentally to stay ahead of it.

btw...size 7 boots and it was just a hair too wide for my liking at 25.0...my preference is 24.75....so idk about size 10

walove 10-03-2013 07:26 AM

the lynn has a longer side cut, and is a tad softer, the bg is the dampest board mervin makes.

adubg 10-03-2013 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrathfuldeity (Post 1128001)
I'm 180#, last year rode a c2 BG159 split, in/out...worked great for everythng but deep beyond 16"...not a deep powder board like a malolo. I'd imagine a c3 will have a bit of pop and ride more like a cam for the groomed and packed. imo its a advanced/expert, really quick edge to edge, sure footed and loves to keep its nose in the fall line...requires dynamic riding with lots of cross unders and mentally to stay ahead of it.

btw...size 7 boots and it was just a hair too wide for my liking at 25.0...my preference is 24.75....so idk about size 10

What would you guys recommend for a good transition than from the Malolo with what is on lib techs/gnus new line up this years or last years? I'd say I'm and advanced rider. But not into really dong tricks (I don't go enough for that). I want a Mervin for the magnetraction for the NW riding at stevens and crystal. But wanna be able to hit powder and grooms no problem. Recommendations?

walove 10-03-2013 11:05 AM

Malolo has taper to help in powder, the brando Lando is tapered and would be closest. The lanina is a directional with a rockered nose would also be a good choice.

ARSENALFAN 10-03-2013 11:34 AM

Bought this years Billy Goat. I hope it lives up to expectations. Let you know in a month or sooner.