Jacket/pants size Small too big - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2008, 04:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
portishead

Default Jacket/pants size Small too big

Hey people, I've been lurking for a while - but here I am.

I've been trying on a lot of new gear lately, and I find that its super difficult to find size Small anywhere. When I do, even a small is too baggy. Don't get me wrong, I'm not going for the slim fit or anything, but most of the stuff is just a size or a half size too big. Anyone have any suggestions, or know of a brand that is more true to size? I am 5'8" 140 or so. Thanks!

To add, I have found North Face stuff size small to fit pretty good, but it's near impossible to find anything in that size. 686 jackets were huge! Burton stuff is slightly too big.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2008, 04:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
kyouness

you can try Holden.

also try looking into XS. DC has some true-to-size stuff, as does Special Blend.
Old 12-04-2008, 04:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
portishead

Awesome. I see Special Blend has some XS. I'll have to look around some more. Cheers!
Old 12-04-2008, 04:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
KC KONG

i was the same way two years ago when i got pants. Everything was to baggy but i ended up getting some section pants and even though they were baggy i got used to it.
Old 12-04-2008, 05:00 PM   #5 (permalink)
andrew_schenk

dogfunk has sizing charts, that i find to be fairly accurate... atleast for special blend gear
Old 12-04-2008, 05:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
portishead

I have some Oakley Puffy pants size Small that I like and use. They're a little baggy, but I don't mind the pants being loose. It's the huge jackets that make me feel like I got a fat suit on. The only tough part now is finding some XS Special Blend or whatever in a store so I can get to know their size before I buy something online. I think there's a conspiracy against size small. I went to 3 Sports Chalets, and nothing. REI... nothing. Dick's had a couple smalls in 686 stuff though.
Old 12-04-2008, 05:04 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

although i dont personally wear special blend i do know they have a variety of different cuts from nut hugger to snow gangsta. ronin by burton and technine stuff tends to run big and on the opposite end is airblaster holden and nitro's line called L1 runs a bit tighter. bonfire volcom sessions and planet earth TEND to be big but not out of control. only other advice i could truly give you is try everything on. a medium for one brand may be a large for another. i even sometimes try stuff on in shops and then try to find it cheaper online lol.
burritosandsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 05:10 PM   #8 (permalink)
kyouness

yeah the sizing chart on dogfunk is pretty accurate. and i've got the same problem as you do; actually a little bit worse. i'm 5'7" 130lb so i, too, had some trouble finding stuff that wasn't too baggy. my DC pants are a slim fit and fit like regular jeans when i wear them. slim around the thighs and knees and flare out to accomodate the boots. my special blend jacket is a small since i couldn't find any XS and they fit really well. a little longer but it's just the way the model jacket i bought was made. quoted from dogfunk: "The Control Jacket is a touch longer than most Special Blend concoctions, which keeps you a few degrees warmer than your shivering buddies." so that explains why it's longer.