Wondering about new board size...help please! - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2008, 05:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
Spionin

Default Wondering about new board size...help please!

Hi, I'm thinking of getting this board, but I don't know if it would be too long for me. I'm 5'6.5 & 115. I'm looking into getting a 149 Omatic Benatar. I had a 152 & it was way too big and hard for me to control. Do you think only going down 3cm will make that much of a difference? For now I'm a freerider, but want to begin learning some park stuff this year & would be doing both with this board. Any opinions and advice would be great. Thanks

Last edited by Spionin; 12-04-2008 at 05:40 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2008, 05:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
kyouness

try the 147. you can find it online pretty easily. you could also take a look at the 146 CAPiTA Saturnia. GNU also has some good female boards from what i hear.
Old 12-04-2008, 06:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
Spionin

I'm actually buying a new board that's a couple years old from someone off of craiglist. I found it for pretty cheap, so that's why I was wondering if a 149 would be okay, or if it would still be too big.
Old 12-04-2008, 06:53 PM   #4 (permalink)
kyouness

it'll be much easier than the 152 for sure but i don't see it being in the park very much, if at all. since you're hoping to progress into the park at some point, you can afford to go smaller than your normal range but definitely not bigger.

i mean, comparatively, a 148 would be a good park board size for me weighing in at 130lb.