Custom ICS and Cartel EST Bindings - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2008, 06:19 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Custom ICS and Cartel EST Bindings

Ok, so I was looking at getting a new board that will last me (hopefully) for many years to come. That being said, I was a outdoor and noticed that they had package deals on a 2009 Burton Custom ICS and 2008 Cartel winter mismatch bindings for like $630, so I decided to pull the trigger. The next day I get an e-mail from them stating that they are out of stock on the bindings so they sent me only the board at the package price of $459.

I decided that if I have to get new bindings I should take full advantage of the board and get the Burton Cartel EST bindings. As I understand it, this combination is supposed to give a great amount of flexibility in regards to binding location. My question is, is there some basic positions that I should start off with as far as angle position of the bindings, and distance apart from each other. Does anyone have some suggestions?

Please help.

Thanks for your time.

Sincerely,

Jeff
jefflesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2008, 02:33 PM   #2 (permalink)

I would start with something like a 12 in the front -3 in the back and work your way from there. Position your bindings about shoulder width apart and also work to your comfort from there. There are as many different types of stances as there are riders so find one that works for you!
Holmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 02:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
falconis

it also depents on your style => park = more duck like (for example 15,-15)
alpine and freeride = 23 15 for exemple
but its all up to you and with that new system of burton you can be verry
precise in your stance , its great to ride with
Old 12-05-2008, 05:15 PM   #4 (permalink)

Cool, this is exactly the type of information I was looking for. I will be doing mostly free-riding because I am truly a beginner. I had a lesson and was instantly hooked.

Any other info or tips you have regarding the board , bindings, etc, I would appreciate it.

Thanks again.

Sincerely,

Jeff
jefflesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 05:52 PM   #5 (permalink)

FYI 12,-3 is what shaun white uses (I'm pretty sure) It's a personal thing and depends on many factors. i.e. I crank mine toward 15, -15 to avoid toe and heel drag. also you won't necessarily need EST bindings to utilize the ICS, but you do need ICS to utilize EST tech.
ElChupocabra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 11:15 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

im just wondering what busch league shop would pair together a ics board with regular bindings that are out of stock
jmacphee9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 11:49 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Learning to board I would reccommend a + + stance, +5 rear +15 front is a good starting point. I wouldnt worry about duck until you're actually good enough to want to learn to ride switch n' land 180's etc.
Jenzo is offline   Reply With Quote