Woman Snowboarder; Needs advice on gear and board! - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2013, 11:32 AM   #1 (permalink)

female Woman Snowboarder; Needs advice on gear and board!

I'm 18, 5'2 and about 105-110 pounds. I'm buying a snowboard and I love the Smokin Awesymmetrical
Awesymmetrical
I know it's a mens board so i'm taking into consideration that it could be too heavy and wide for my size, I would get a 148. I think it would be okay, but I would like some advice. Should I not purchase a mens board?
r1der is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2013, 11:41 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Depends on your ability. If you are comfortable with riding, this board is probably fine. There are probably better choices out there for you. We got some solid women riders here, and a couple of the guys just plain know snowboards.

So what do you like to ride and how aggressive are you? I am sure the recommendations will start pouring in with that info.
killclimbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:51 AM   #3 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

What kind of riding do you do? How good are you? If your an aggressive all mountain rider then that board will be fine, just kinda wide for you. If you are not an aggressive experienced rider, get something in the 142-144 range of women's boards, maybe even down to 139. Their PYT is a great park/all mountain board, the vixen is a great aggressive all mountain women's board. I have at least one of each board mentioned. My wife rides PYT and vixen. I have an awesymetrical for this season and rode one this summer for a couple days/runs.

If your serious and want the lowdown on their lineup I can get you wara or jays email address to ask them. They are the company owners and pretty great people deal with.

Last edited by Argo; 10-06-2013 at 11:54 AM.
Argo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:42 PM   #4 (permalink)

I do all mountain and I want to learn how to do park, I'm more beginner but I have been skiing for a long time so I got the hang of it pretty quick, i'm determined to improve and learn. I'm comfortable with riding. I have a size 9 foot, and I've been riding a 151 horoscope for as my starting board and I enjoy it.
Old 10-07-2013, 02:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

The awesym probably isnt the best for you but you could ride it and have fun. PYT would more suit your desires.
Old 10-07-2013, 02:46 PM   #6 (permalink)

Why do you feel it isn't best? Because of the weight and size? I plan on getting a 148' for whatever board I decide on
Old 10-07-2013, 02:56 PM   #7 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

If you wanna do park at all it is way to stiff for 110lb chick to press it out. If your just aggressive freeride or hitting med/lg jumps then the board would work OK.

Do you really wanna buy a board that costs that much just cause it is pretty and not exactly optimal for what you want?

Well, i guess that is a rhetorical question since I'm typing to an 18y/o chick! It is a super nice board and you CAN ride it around and have fun. Buy it.
Old 10-07-2013, 03:00 PM   #8 (permalink)

I wasn't sure if it would be optimal for me or not, it's a sick board not just a pretty design, too bad i'm not heavy enough, thanks.
Old 10-07-2013, 03:02 PM   #9 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

You have a foot of a 5'7 chick! Your foot size is definitely alright for a mens board.
Old 10-07-2013, 03:26 PM   #10 (permalink)
Drunk with power...er beer.

Smoooooooooth....

INNUENDO:
Italian enema.
Donutz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice, board, female rider, women