Tips on equiptment pls help a noob! - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2013, 10:54 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredsport View Post
I am very biased because we bought up all of the remaining inventory of both of those boot models last year (Libertine and Folsom). I have been riding a pair of the Folsom's and they are a great boot (silly good at the current pricing). You can read a lot about the 390 Boss's here on the forum. They are right in there with the great bindings that are available today (some would argue they are it).

I will be happy to help you choose a size if you know the board model that interests you.
I'm leaning more to the libertine since Folsom seems to be a very hard boot. Also I've heard alot of good stuff about ThirtyTwo, Lashed and 86FT especially, and thoughts on these? Little bit more expensive though..

Boards that looks pretty sweet to me:

Nitro T1 (159cm)
K2 Playback (155 or 158cm)
K2 Happyhour (157cm)
StepChild Jibstick (156cm)
Rome Reverb (154cm)

Last edited by Brandel; 10-08-2013 at 11:08 AM.
Brandel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2013, 11:13 AM   #12 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandel View Post
I'm leaning more to the libertine since Folsom seems to be a very hard boot. Also I've heard alot of good stuff about ThirtyTwo, Lashed and 86FT especially, and thoughts on these? Little bit more expensive though..
32 also make great boots. You are comparing at a quality level where the fit for your particular foot will make the difference. These boots are all technically excellent but different feet will work better in some than others. Fit is king in boots. Both brand and model are secondary. The Folsom is firm boot but not stiff like some of the monsters out there (Salomon 4.0, etc). The Libertines are a great, more neutral flex option. The lashed boots should actually be considered a number of different models as it is offered in a variety of configurations which affect both fit and stiffness.
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 11:26 AM   #13 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandel View Post
Boards that looks pretty sweet to me:

Nitro T1 (159cm)
K2 Playback (155 or 158cm)
K2 Happyhour (157cm)
StepChild Jibstick (156cm)
Rome Reverb (154cm)
There are a lot of different profiles in that group. That is no problem, but you will likely be happiest with a deck that is very well rounded at this point and will let you have fun in the park but also advance your cruising, pow, trees, etc. The Reverb ( I would suggest the Reverb Rocker for you) is Camber Rocker Camber. Rome's weight range on the 154 tops out at 185. You will be much better suited for the 157 in that model.
Old 10-08-2013, 11:36 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
There are a lot of different profiles in that group. That is no problem, but you will likely be happiest with a deck that is very well rounded at this point and will let you have fun in the park but also advance your cruising, pow, trees, etc. The Reverb ( I would suggest the Reverb Rocker for you) is Camber Rocker Camber. Rome's weight range on the 154 tops out at 185. You will be much better suited for the 157 in that model.
Yeah I know it's a little bit short but those 3cm cost 150$ extra What about the other models? How much of a diffrence is there between extruded and sintered base?
Old 10-08-2013, 11:48 AM   #15 (permalink)
Veteran Member

My advice-
for boots: go to a store and try on as many pairs of boots as you can, get the ones that are the most comfortable. As long as they are from one of the name brands they will be quality.

Bindings- get some medium stiffness bindings, burton/ride/k2/rome all made good bindings. make sure they fit the boots you buy.

Board- I think the ride machete is a really good all around board that is very durable, i demoed one a few years ago and really liked it. Next the T1, solid board, flat base is more stable than the all rocker boards.
Old 10-08-2013, 11:49 AM   #16 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I would suggest getting the best size for you or looking for another deal. You would be much happier with the 157. It is not the 3 cm, it is a combination of all of the elements. Sintered/extruded should not be a deciding factor. Both have benefits and weaknesses.

Jibstick- Too one dimensional for your goals.
Playback- Flat rock (self described beginner/intermdiate model)
Happy Hour - Lifted/Tweekend - I would suggest a demo first. Very unusual feel.
T1 - Flat

I would highly suggest that you look to a CRC or RCR model for this deck. It will get you exactly where you want to be.
Old 10-08-2013, 12:01 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley212 View Post
My advice-
for boots: go to a store and try on as many pairs of boots as you can, get the ones that are the most comfortable. As long as they are from one of the name brands they will be quality.

Bindings- get some medium stiffness bindings, burton/ride/k2/rome all made good bindings. make sure they fit the boots you buy.

Board- I think the ride machete is a really good all around board that is very durable, i demoed one a few years ago and really liked it. Next the T1, solid board, flat base is more stable than the all rocker boards.
Yeah I would do that, if it were possible.. All the shops around here has a very limited supply of diffrent boots so, sadly, there's not much to test

How do you know they fit? I guess they fit since they are both the same brand.

Yeah I was very into the T1 at first, so hard

Last edited by Brandel; 10-08-2013 at 01:18 PM.
Old 10-08-2013, 12:04 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
I would suggest getting the best size for you or looking for another deal. You would be much happier with the 157. It is not the 3 cm, it is a combination of all of the elements. Sintered/extruded should not be a deciding factor. Both have benefits and weaknesses.

Jibstick- Too one dimensional for your goals.
Playback- Flat rock (self described beginner/intermdiate model)
Happy Hour - Lifted/Tweekend - I would suggest a demo first. Very unusual feel.
T1 - Flat

I would highly suggest that you look to a CRC or RCR model for this deck. It will get you exactly where you want to be.
Think I'll go with the Happy Hour, seems like a good board and I'm sure I'll get used to it. Many good reviews! Gonna be a hell of a color combo though

What does CRC & RCR stand for? Camber-Reverse-Camber and Reverse-Camber-Reverse?
Old 10-08-2013, 12:30 PM   #19 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Lots of info on that here:

http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boa...g-between.html

Old 10-08-2013, 01:01 PM   #20 (permalink)
Veteran Member

if you are looking at last years happyhour go for it, they changed it from a straight flat zero camber to a funky kind of camber this year.

order of importance when buying stuff for me
1-boot fit
2-bindings fit
3 board size

if your boots don't fit into the bindings well it can become pretty uncomfortable, the easiest way to get it right is to buy bindings from the same company as the boots.

If you can't try on boots at a store at least order from a store that does free returns, try them on at home, make sure your heel is held nice and tight.