board suggestion big rider - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2008, 03:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
AskInWV

Default board suggestion big rider

hey all im looking for a board after buying my daughter 1. I am 6'3 255lbs with a size 13 or 14 shoe depending on brands.. ive ridin useing rentals on probably 12 different occations. im still a noob. i like to carve but hit occassional jump or rail
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2008, 07:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
AAA

Prior 171 ATV would be ideal.
All Terrain Vehicle Snowboard Model From Prior Snowboards | Alpine Snowboards | Carving Snowboards
Or the longer Donek Wide/Sasquatch model. (My wife likes her Incline.)
Donek Snowboards and Skis :: Handcrafted in Colorado :: Race, Alpine, Carving, Freeride and Freestyle Snowboards :: Telemark Skis & Alpine Skis
Or a Coiler AM. (I own their NSR. Great board.) CALL them for info, though, as their website is outdated.
COILER Performance Alpine Snowboards

Last edited by AAA; 12-06-2008 at 07:46 PM.
AAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 09:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
brewtownboarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by AskInWV View Post
hey all im looking for a board after buying my daughter 1. I am 6'3 255lbs with a size 13 or 14 shoe depending on brands.. ive ridin useing rentals on probably 12 different occations. im still a noob. i like to carve but hit occassional jump or rail
In my opinion...height really does not come into play except in extremes. A board cannot tell how tall you are, but it can tell how much you way, and this is what will affect the way the board flexes. This being said....someone 6'3" will find it easier to controll a longer board than someone 5'9".

I am not nearly as tall as you (5'9) but weigh close to your weight (235), so I am speaking from experience.

1. You need a wide board...no exceptions. This goes by shoe size only.

2. Unless you are riding powder, and back country, you can get away with a smaller board.

3. You are quit tall so having a longer board is less of a factor for you than me.

4. You will want a stiffer board. A stiffer say a Custom X will proform more like a Custom for you because of the added weight.

Judging by what you said....I would go with something around the 164 range and go with something a little stiffer. Never Summer has some good boards, also I (unlike alot of people here) do like Burton boards. Between those 2 companies you have some good choices.

Also...if you are going to ride switch...you might want a twin board. If riding switch is not something you are interested in, a directional board will be a little easier on the legs.

Same as the board...you will want a stiffer binding and boot. I personally ride Burton Unincs bindings, and Burton Ions this year.