Question on goggle fit - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2008, 04:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
Dashooter

Default Question on goggle fit

I have a question about a snowboard goggle I just bought online. I recently bought the Oakley O Frame Snowboard Goggles from the-house.com My problem with them is the fact that the goggles pinch my nose shut a little. It makes it difficult to breath. My father was telling me that the foam on around the goggles would probably eventually push in and it would be easier to breath, is this true?

Also, I got a pair of Smith Scope Pro goggles for my couzin. I tried them on and they fit a lot better, but I dont like the lense as much (RC36).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2008, 05:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
idleline

O frames have double layer fleece and over a long period of time, sure it might form a little better, but probably not significantly enough to correct a breathing problem. The O frames may be too big for your face. I would return the Oakley's.

Smith makes great optics so you have options. You could also look at the Spy Soldiers. They have a triple layer fleece foam and the money you save on them not being Oakley means you can get the better lens, to your liking.

I have a pair of A Frames and Soldiers. I love the A's because I get a large field of vision. I use the soldiers at night because of the lens but they are a smaller fitting goggle. I suggest you swing by your local shop and try on a few pairs to see what fits.
Old 12-06-2008, 05:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
Dashooter

I would, but I have to exchange or get store credit from the online store. It wont give me my money back.
Old 12-06-2008, 05:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
pops

I would get dragons.
Old 12-06-2008, 05:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
username999

just remove the part of the foam that is closing off your nose.
Old 12-06-2008, 05:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
Dashooter

You mean cut it out? Won't that mess with the air seal around the goggles and make them more likely to fog up?
Old 12-06-2008, 06:01 PM   #7 (permalink)
idleline

Yeah, exchange them for something that fits better. Find a pair you like style wise (the all important factor) at the-house and call around to local shops to see if they are in stock and try them on. Then use the store credit to pick them up.
Old 12-06-2008, 07:39 PM   #8 (permalink)
AAA

My wife bought me a pair of Oakley Wisdom goggles last year and I had the same problem with them. The nose piece sets too low and closes my nose. Don't try to "make them work." Go back and exchange them for a pair that fits.
AAA is offline   Reply With Quote