newbie here good deal??? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-07-2008, 01:23 AM
stevendogking
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
newbie here good deal???

Im just starting to snowboard and my locAL RESORT prices are way too high to just rent. So i have someone interested in selling me a Salomon board 163cm for 150.. I wear a size 13 and im 5'9 and 170 is this a good choice for me
Attached Images
File Type: jpg board1[1].jpg (130.9 KB, 38 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-07-2008, 02:00 AM
Veteran Member
 
jmacphee9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Detroit
Posts: 2,335
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevendogking View Post
Im just starting to snowboard and my locAL RESORT prices are way too high to just rent. So i have someone interested in selling me a Salomon board 163cm for 150.. I wear a size 13 and im 5'9 and 170 is this a good choice for me
163 is pretty hugeeee for in my opinion..especially if you even think of looking in the parks direction, let alone go. look for like a 155 at most, im 5'7 160 and i learned on a 149 and now im on a 154 but i prefer smaller even on my all mountain board, my park board is a 150 and i find myself riding that a little more often then not..
jmacphee9 is offline  
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-07-2008, 02:19 AM
Veteran Member
 
Jenzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Vernon, BC
Posts: 819
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Eww no way too big for you and try just to get normal strap bindings those clickers are extinct for a reason.
Jenzo is offline  
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-07-2008, 11:18 AM
stevendogking
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenzo View Post
Eww no way too big for you and try just to get normal strap bindings those clickers are extinct for a reason.
Thanks I think theres another smaller board
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-07-2008, 11:27 AM
stevendogking
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
I found a 161 for 40, everyone around my area sells the bigger ones for cheap i guess nobody really want them I hope i CAN GET THIS 153 BOARD
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-07-2008, 12:54 PM
Veteran Member
 
jmacphee9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Detroit
Posts: 2,335
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevendogking View Post
I found a 161 for 40, everyone around my area sells the bigger ones for cheap i guess nobody really want them I hope i CAN GET THIS 153 BOARD
thats probably because less people are looking for a 161..and didnt even notice the clickers at first but those things are nearing extinction for a reason..
jmacphee9 is offline  
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-07-2008, 12:57 PM
stevendogking
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmacphee9 View Post
thats probably because less people are looking for a 161..and didnt even notice the clickers at first but those things are nearing extinction for a reason..
so if i got a size 13 shoe I cant just get a 155cm board it has to be a wide board too
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-07-2008, 01:15 PM
falconis
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevendogking View Post
so if i got a size 13 shoe I cant just get a 155cm board it has to be a wide board too
yup with a size 13 no doubt= wide
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-07-2008, 01:50 PM
stevendogking
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by falconis View Post
yup with a size 13 no doubt= wide
I cant find one quality board for under 200wide used or new....
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome