Boot size 13 too big???? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2008, 11:54 AM   #1 (permalink)
stevendogking
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Boot size 13 too big????

I dont really understand how its determined if you need a wide board or not. Im 5'9 170 and a shoe size of 13.
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-07-2008, 12:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
burritosandsnow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: slc utah
Posts: 928
Default

theres a board spec called waist width which is basically the width of the board in the middle. most boards are 24-26 inches wide. many companies make wide models of their popular boards for people just like you who have rather large feet in relation to their height. a wide board will prevent you from having too much toe or heel over hang. if you have too much over hang your boots could drag in the snow when you turn on your edges causing at minimum to loose speed and at worse to eat shit.

to sum up not all folks with size 13 boots need a wide board.. some one who os 6'4 wont because they will ride a longer board which will naturally have a wider waist width. someone like you who is smaller will of course ride a smaller board which will in genneral have a lesser waist width. thus to avoid overhang issues it may be in your best interest to find a wide board.
burritosandsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 12:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
brewtownboarder
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by burritosandsnow View Post
theres a board spec called waist width which is basically the width of the board in the middle. most boards are 24-26 inches wide. many companies make wide models of their popular boards for people just like you who have rather large feet in relation to their height. a wide board will prevent you from having too much toe or heel over hang. if you have too much over hang your boots could drag in the snow when you turn on your edges causing at minimum to loose speed and at worse to eat shit.

to sum up not all folks with size 13 boots need a wide board.. some one who os 6'4 wont because they will ride a longer board which will naturally have a wider waist width. someone like you who is smaller will of course ride a smaller board which will in genneral have a lesser waist width. thus to avoid overhang issues it may be in your best interest to find a wide board.

you mean 24-26 cm...not inches
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 12:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
stevendogking
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

damn why must I have big feet I found a 155 and 160 boards for a cheap deal
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 12:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
jmacphee9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Detroit
Posts: 2,335
Default

theres a good chance your going to be in a wide board..
jmacphee9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 12:59 PM   #6 (permalink)
stevendogking
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmacphee9 View Post
theres a good chance your going to be in a wide board..
U mean theres a good chance im goin to need a wide board
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 01:17 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
jmacphee9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Detroit
Posts: 2,335
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevendogking View Post
U mean theres a good chance im goin to need a wide board
yes........
jmacphee9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 01:29 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Flick Montana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Beech Grove, Indiana *sigh*
Posts: 4,168
Default

With size 13's, I'd say there is more than a good chance. 5'9 and size 13's...you're not Bigfoot's kid are you?
Flick Montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 01:38 PM   #9 (permalink)
stevendogking
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flick Montana View Post
With size 13's, I'd say there is more than a good chance. 5'9 and size 13's...you're not Bigfoot's kid are you?
lol no im his cousin
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 05:18 PM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
burritosandsnow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: slc utah
Posts: 928
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewtownboarder View Post
you mean 24-26 cm...not inches
ye i do
;p
burritosandsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:50 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums