Is the Burton Deuce Good???? Help! - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-08-2008, 10:51 AM
Greg2230

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Is the Burton Deuce Good???? Help!

I am about to buy the Burton Deuce 162w because I ride the park and groomers all day. I mostly do the groomers in the morning then hit up some rails, jumps, and halfpipes about the other half of the day. I am 6'0ft 200lbs and have a size 13 shoe. I am pretty good, definitely not a beginner but no pro.

I was going to get the Bullet but it didn't have the sintered base so I figured the next one up is the Deuce. I am nervous to get it because it is the first year they are out and there are no reviews on it. Has anyone used one or heard anything about them if they are good? Is this an all around board? Thanks

Also, I can get it for $250 brand new so that's why I am really inclined to buy it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-08-2008, 11:04 AM
Veteran Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have it in a 158w and I'm pleased with it. I'm a noob to park, but its holdign up well to all the falls and bashing I do on it.

It doesn't have a whole lotta flex, but enough to butter with a bit more effort. It has handled everything I've thrown at it really well. Nice all round board.

-zakk
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-09-2008, 08:48 PM
Greg2230

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Thanks, anyone else?
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-10-2008, 09:13 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I ride the duece, and I've got no complaints. Got mine early with a 50$s off burton product deal or what ever. Think I paid like 220 for it. If you're dropping $250 they're better options though. Sierra is selling the custom for 250 free shipping. But like he said, it's pretty stiff. I a gym rat so I'm a little stocky and over the weightclass by like 20lbs so I have no probs buttering on my 155. Holds up great when I'm bombing down the steeps. Not a lot of torsional flex but that's to be expected. Great base. No parks are open around me right now but when I'm hitting the small kickers on the slopes it seems to spin fairly easily.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode