Newbie needs Equipment Info - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2008, 12:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
RoguesPal

Question Newbie needs Equipment Info

Hello Everyone - I am new at snowboarding - and I was wondering if I could get some help from some of the veterans on here. Checking eBay for equipment - I find the following items interesting:

Brand New Ride LX Snowboard Binding (Medium) - eBay (item 150314978420 end time Dec-13-08 09:49:56 PST)

Brand New Sims Men's Link Combi Snowboard Binding - eBay (item 150314556375 end time Dec-13-08 10:33:07 PST)

New Salomon Echelon Snowboard Boots - eBay (item 150314603189 end time Dec-13-08 14:42:43 PST)

Can anyone tell me if the equipment I am choosing is quality equipment? Is it something you would buy? Are the prices offered by this individual good prices that I am getting a deal on? Any and all info welcome. Please post on board instead of emailing so I can see everyone's opinions and they can comment on the replies, thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2008, 02:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Sims is crap.

GOD IS DONUT
legallyillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 02:51 PM   #3 (permalink)

Buying boots online is generally a bad idea. Boot fit is crucial to you being comfortable on the slopes, so you want to make sure you get to a store and try on a ton of boots and pick the ones that fit best.
ShortAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 05:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
jedi225

Default ayt

Burton Motos are very comfortable boots for your first time up. Hell they're great boots overall. See if you could find some 07/08 models for cheap layin around somewhere. I dunno what board would be cheap for you... Maybe get some cheap Morrow or something cuz you might ding it up at first if you like accidentally go off-piste or run into a tree. Burton customs binding is very good and not too much of a wallet killer. You could pick an older model for about $70. 09s are about $110