Coats - roomy in the chest area? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2008, 03:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
Halo

Talking Coats - roomy in the chest area?

Cuz my manly pecs are so huge! Just kidding. I'm a girl. I'm having trouble finding a decent coat that has all the perks of a guys snowboarding jacket that comes in a girly color (like pink or something). I'd like one that comes in a size that fits snug in the waist but also has room for my giant boooosum (I'm a fatsass what can I say). Yeah it also has to fit long limbs cuz I'm 5'10". I've been wearing guy jackets since forever but they're way baggy in the waist and get in the way. Ideally I would love to stop cross dressing and find something in pink/black without sacrificing fit or function. I want one with taped seams, a decent lining (nothing fuzzy please) goggle & ipod pocket with cord-routing port, waterproof, decent cuffs, powder skirt, adjustable hood, underarm zips. The whole shebang. Please point me in the right direction. I've been searching online for days and have lost patience with net shopping. Shops nearby suck. Need gear soon... Will give ovaries for assistance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2008, 08:42 PM   #2 (permalink)

Ah,

That sucks. I honestly couldnt recommend as I dont have the knowledge for a jacket like this. Really though, I hope you find what your looking for.
YanTheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 10:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
BCsnowboardchik

Snug at the waist, can't you just cinch it up? Maybe you should look into like 1x size outerwear.. I know from experience it is hard to find technical clothing that is not mens in larger sizes, I guess companies assume if you're buying outdoor gear you must be in shape I Settled for non-technical recreational wear to get a good fit this season until I drop a few. Myself been out of the game and got bigger on top, not that the bf minds
Old 12-09-2008, 11:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
citizengirl

Hey! I know your problem! I also have a bosom of substantial size but take into account that you would probably be wearing a sports bra (don't want those things everywhere!). Also I usually wear a Large or Extra Large (depending on the brand but I've been wearing O'neil, Billabong, DC hoodies). I fit into a medium in Burton Jackets (which are awesome because they have high breathability/waterproof, cute colors, mainly silk linings, fully taped seams; I'm slightly biased cause I love Burton). Keep checking out jackets at your snowboarding store (or places that may carry boarding jackets. That's what I have to do I live in the friggin desert) before looking/buying one. When push comes to shove ask the shop keeper! Or bash them over the head when they don't know a binding from a boot or gore tex from polyester (jk ). Also not all fit alike (of course). I find guy's jackets hard to wear because the torso is so long!! I feel like I'm swimming them but hey whatever works!!

Last edited by citizengirl; 12-10-2008 at 12:12 AM.
Old 12-10-2008, 02:50 PM   #5 (permalink)

halo, what size jacket do you wear in womens?
Old 12-10-2008, 02:55 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

This thread needs pics...
killclimbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 03:00 PM   #7 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by killclimbz View Post
This thread needs pics...
i second that motion!
Old 12-10-2008, 04:39 PM   #8 (permalink)
Halo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCsnowboardchik View Post
Snug at the waist, can't you just cinch it up? Maybe you should look into like 1x size outerwear.. I know from experience it is hard to find technical clothing that is not mens in larger sizes, I guess companies assume if you're buying outdoor gear you must be in shape I Settled for non-technical recreational wear to get a good fit this season until I drop a few. Myself been out of the game and got bigger on top, not that the bf minds
I've been cinching the men's jacket I wear now but it's very long and the outer shell still hangs around my waist. Which is fine except for the breeze and when I get tangled up in it as I crash. I love the non-technical jacket colors but I'm not willing to sacrifice (of all dumb things) my ipod port, the cuffs, and I like the lightweight but warm linings, plus vents for overheating. That's all stuff I've come to appreciate. Spoiled. Someone HAS to make what I'm looking for, somewhere...?

ps you get an ovary
thankyou
Old 12-10-2008, 04:43 PM   #9 (permalink)
citizengirl

Hey! So I just bought this one (they have other colors). It has a gazillion features but you kinda have to search for them (took me a few days to realize the key loop was in the pocket)..
Best Prices on Burton 2/1 Snowboard Jacket Antique Ivory - Women's Snowboards Jacket Clothes Snowboarding Apparel Clothing If you have to buy online I would recommend the-house.com or backcountryoutlet.com (cheap and good customer service; plus free shipping at the-house).

This one is really good also (one of my friends snagged it).
Best Prices on Ride C5 Alderson Insulated Snowboard Jacket Burg/Herring - Women's Snowboards Jackets Clothes Snowboarding Apparel Clothing
Old 12-10-2008, 04:45 PM   #10 (permalink)
Halo

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizengirl View Post
Hey! I know your problem! I also have a bosom of substantial size but take into account that you would probably be wearing a sports bra (don't want those things everywhere!). Also I usually wear a Large or Extra Large (depending on the brand but I've been wearing O'neil, Billabong, DC hoodies). I fit into a medium in Burton Jackets (which are awesome because they have high breathability/waterproof, cute colors, mainly silk linings, fully taped seams; I'm slightly biased cause I love Burton). Keep checking out jackets at your snowboarding store (or places that may carry boarding jackets. That's what I have to do I live in the friggin desert) before looking/buying one. When push comes to shove ask the shop keeper! Or bash them over the head when they don't know a binding from a boot or gore tex from polyester (jk ). Also not all fit alike (of course). I find guy's jackets hard to wear because the torso is so long!! I feel like I'm swimming them but hey whatever works!!

I totally strap these puppies down. With Enell sports bras. Those sports bras could hold boulders in place through a quake. But the damn L and XL in women's coats that I've tried don't fit. Fit my waist fine but can't zip over the topside. I'm that chubby. (sigh) I need to find better shops in my area. I must be looking in the wrong places. I'll look harder at Burtons

you get my other ovary BTW

thanks