** Libtech?? Noob Help Needed** - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2008, 06:24 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default ** Libtech?? Noob Help Needed**

hey guys just got back from like a 40 minute ride to pick up this board from my dads friend who had a new board that he never used it is a Libtech Joey Mcguire pro series his wife who bought it for his son GOD knows when said she paid like 1,000 bucks for it it is a pro series model only thing is IDK what year this board was made.. I cant find it online for ANYTHIGN.. It is green and black on the top and the underside is white with the word libtechnologies on it.. My dad only payed 100 dollars YUP 100 dollars for it so im guessing its a good deal IDK though it cant be any older than 2002 im hoping it was like 2006-2007 .. Anyways i wanted a 156 but it is a 154 Yikes!! i thought to myself i think it might be to small but then i heard people saying for begginers like myself a smaller board is easier to control is this true.. by the way im a big kid 5'10 225 pounds and im going to be riding a 154 it is just about at my chin maybe a matter of centimeters under should this be good?? IF ANYONE can knows what type of board i have or wants to see what it looks like Message me on XBOX LIVE (i have a webcam for it) So you can see the board and might be able to tell me the name of it I REALLLLY want to know how much this board is worth so this way if i need to sell it i know how much to sell it for.. since im guessing getting a pro model snowboard for 100 dollars was a STEALLLL!
MaximoMilkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2008, 06:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximoMilkman View Post
hey guys just got back from like a 40 minute ride to pick up this board from my dads friend who had a new board that he never used it is a Libtech Joey Mcguire pro series his wife who bought it for his son GOD knows when said she paid like 1,000 bucks for it it is a pro series model only thing is IDK what year this board was made.. I cant find it online for ANYTHIGN.. It is green and black on the top and the underside is white with the word libtechnologies on it.. My dad only payed 100 dollars YUP 100 dollars for it so im guessing its a good deal IDK though it cant be any older than 2002 im hoping it was like 2006-2007 .. Anyways i wanted a 156 but it is a 154 Yikes!! i thought to myself i think it might be to small but then i heard people saying for begginers like myself a smaller board is easier to control is this true.. by the way im a big kid 5'10 225 pounds and im going to be riding a 154 it is just about at my chin maybe a matter of centimeters under should this be good?? IF ANYONE can knows what type of board i have or wants to see what it looks like Message me on XBOX LIVE (i have a webcam for it) So you can see the board and might be able to tell me the name of it I REALLLLY want to know how much this board is worth so this way if i need to sell it i know how much to sell it for.. since im guessing getting a pro model snowboard for 100 dollars was a STEALLLL!
At 5"10 225 you will probably need much more length than a 156 honestly. 154 would be a park board for your size, you'll throw the thing around like a twig It has less to do with height and more with the weight your putting on the board...I will let someone else thats in that size area give you specifics Also what shoe/boot size do you wear will be useful information because you may need a wide board..
arsenic0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 07:01 PM   #3 (permalink)

Size 10 i have small feet.. Im just a stocky kid lotta muscle actually i played football my whole life so im pretty built..But yea i agree i probably will be throwing this board around a bit.. But then again it will be my first time on a mountain so maybe this is good for me im probably only going to use it to LEARN to ride then i will buy like a 160 unless i feel 154 is good for me for some reason then i will get a 158 or something..
Old 12-09-2008, 10:53 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximoMilkman View Post
Size 10 i have small feet.. Im just a stocky kid lotta muscle actually i played football my whole life so im pretty built..But yea i agree i probably will be throwing this board around a bit.. But then again it will be my first time on a mountain so maybe this is good for me im probably only going to use it to LEARN to ride then i will buy like a 160 unless i feel 154 is good for me for some reason then i will get a 158 or something..
I don't know anything about that board, but at 225 lbs you shouldn't be on anything smaller than 160 IMO. 154 is way too small for 225 lbs.
schmitty34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 11:44 AM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmitty34 View Post
I don't know anything about that board, but at 225 lbs you shouldn't be on anything smaller than 160 IMO. 154 is way too small for 225 lbs.
Yup way too small, especially if most of your weight is muscle and you are in shape. It will be like a toothpick strapped to your feet lol...
arsenic0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 01:05 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Snowboard Gear Guide on snowboard.mountainzone.com

Board is too small for you but this should be similar to the board you have. By the way Google is beatiful thing
lisevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 04:28 PM   #7 (permalink)

Would it be physically possible to ride a 154? Because i dont think im going to be able to sell this bad boy before christmas.. There is a such thing as Mini snowboards which are like 123 CM and big people use them to ride sometimes which leads me to believe it is physically possible to ride..

Rossignol The Mini Snowboard

If you were to suggest a Board im guessing you would suggest a 160cm right?
Old 12-09-2008, 04:58 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

at 225 you want be riding at least a 160... you could get away with 159 if it's a stiffer board but otherwise it'll be super noodly on you and actually make it more difficult to handle for a noob as it will get very unstable at speed. I'm about 255 right now and I ride a 168... when I was down at 225ish, I was riding a 164
lisevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 07:19 PM   #9 (permalink)

but is it physically possibly to ride a 154
Old 12-10-2008, 07:25 PM   #10 (permalink)
Sick-Gnar

yes. but its also physically possible to ride a mini board. but not practical. like at alllll