Not another "What board?" thread... NS, Lib, Bataleon? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-08-2008, 08:47 PM
Seedy J

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Not another "What board?" thread... NS, Lib, Bataleon?

I'm thinking of getting a new board ASAP, but I'm having some trouble deciding.

I'm 27, 5'7", and weigh around 160. I've done one full season (~20 days) of riding. I guess I'm an intermediate rider... I can do black runs (or at least, what passes for "black" here... probably more like easy/medium blues in the US) switch, and I'm ok with trees if it's not too steep. 180s and easy grabs off kickers are no problem, but no 360 yet. Occasional rails and boxes, but I'm more into freeriding and jumping.

I have an old Burton Dominant 154 now. It's a lot of fun, but I want to get something that's better for freeriding, high speeds, and deep powder. Unfortunately, I won't be able to demo anything before I buy. I'd like to keep it around $500 USD or less, and I'd like something with reverse camber/BTX/rocker/whatever the cool kids are calling it these days. I'm thinking of getting...

Never Summer Legacy-R: Been drooling over this one for months. Looks great, and NS isn't available in Japan so it'd be unique. My shoe size is 9.5 though... would it be stupid to get a mid-wide board? Should I be looking at a different NS board?

Lib-Tech T.Rice BTX (pointy): Also sounds good, but is this the right Lib Tech board for what I'm looking for?

Bataleon Evil Twin(?) TBT sounds interesting, but I read on their site that it's like having a 3 degree edge. I already have a board with 3 degree edges...

What do you guys think? Any other boards I should consider? Thanks in advance, sorry for the long post.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-08-2008, 08:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
As far as the Never Summer, with a 9.5 boot you should look at the SL-R. The Legacy-R is a mid wide version of the SL-R
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-09-2008, 12:51 AM
Fallen Saint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seedy J View Post
I'm thinking of getting a new board ASAP, but I'm having some trouble deciding.

I'm 27, 5'7", and weigh around 160. I've done one full season (~20 days) of riding. I guess I'm an intermediate rider... I can do black runs (or at least, what passes for "black" here... probably more like easy/medium blues in the US) switch, and I'm ok with trees if it's not too steep. 180s and easy grabs off kickers are no problem, but no 360 yet. Occasional rails and boxes, but I'm more into freeriding and jumping.

I have an old Burton Dominant 154 now. It's a lot of fun, but I want to get something that's better for freeriding, high speeds, and deep powder. Unfortunately, I won't be able to demo anything before I buy. I'd like to keep it around $500 USD or less, and I'd like something with reverse camber/BTX/rocker/whatever the cool kids are calling it these days. I'm thinking of getting...

Never Summer Legacy-R: Been drooling over this one for months. Looks great, and NS isn't available in Japan so it'd be unique. My shoe size is 9.5 though... would it be stupid to get a mid-wide board? Should I be looking at a different NS board?

Lib-Tech T.Rice BTX (pointy): Also sounds good, but is this the right Lib Tech board for what I'm looking for?

Bataleon Evil Twin(?) TBT sounds interesting, but I read on their site that it's like having a 3 degree edge. I already have a board with 3 degree edges...

What do you guys think? Any other boards I should consider? Thanks in advance, sorry for the long post.
If you're going to be riding deep pow I would definitely go with something with a rocker. You'd be amazed at how much of a difference it makes. You might need to check and make sure that your choice sticks can be shipped to Japan. A lot of companies won't/can't ship some makes/models overseas. And yes the T.Rice BTX would be a good choice. Or if you're really wanting to throw down the cash, the Dark Series
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-09-2008, 01:25 AM
curlyside

if you're looking at a bataleon for more freeride, i wouldn't go for the evil twin. check out the Bataleon Goliath for freeride. TBT is supposed to be sick though, i really wanna get a chance to try it lol
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-09-2008, 04:08 AM
snowaddiction79

Based on what you do on the mountain I'd say:

Never Summer SL-R or even the EVO-R. The SL-R is not as stiff but it has more dampening than the EVO-R

Libtech I'd go with the TRS BTX

Not too familiar with the Bataleon line but I hear they are also good.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-09-2008, 06:58 PM
Seedy J

Quote:
Originally Posted by curlyside View Post
check out the Bataleon Goliath for freeride.
Thanks, that's the one I was trying to think of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Saint View Post
If you're going to be riding deep pow I would definitely go with something with a rocker... You might need to check and make sure that your choice sticks can be shipped to Japan.
Already got it covered - I'm going to have the board sent to my dad in FL, then have him send it over. It should end up being cheaper than buying one here... boards that cost $500 back home cost $800+ here.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode