optimal board for fresh carving - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2008, 11:02 AM   #1 (permalink)
RIP IT 11

Default optimal board for fresh carving

I need a new snowboard but i'm having difficulty picking the right board. I've been boarding for about 11 years and all i like to do is chill out and carve down the mountain. I'm looking for a stiff board that will be fast, hold a good edge, and support all snow conditions. Right now i'm thinking about getting a ride or a salomon....any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2008, 11:47 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIP IT 11 View Post
I need a new snowboard but i'm having difficulty picking the right board. I've been boarding for about 11 years and all i like to do is chill out and carve down the mountain. I'm looking for a stiff board that will be fast, hold a good edge, and support all snow conditions. Right now i'm thinking about getting a ride or a salomon....any suggestions?
Never Summer SL-R
Libtech TRS BTX
Ride DH i hear is pretty good..

There are quite a few others as well, you can find more info about them just searching through the last few pages of this and the review forum...
arsenic0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 11:54 AM   #3 (permalink)

get anything with Tri-ax glass maybe even with carbon. The tri-ax is what makes a board stiff torsionaly. I love to carve and I cannot ride a standard Bi-ax board.

next question: Size Foot? (wide or standard width)

These two have quadrax which is even better.
Old 12-09-2008, 12:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
zivlaz

Check out the Custom X. Only problem is the $700 price tag, but maybe you can find last seasons model for $400 or so. Burton calls it all mountain freestyle but don't believe it. Some guy in a forum said it should be designated "All style free mountain". Kills it everywhere and is faster than anything out there except a T6.
Old 12-09-2008, 12:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Rome Anthem is another good option
lisevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 01:54 PM   #6 (permalink)
alasdairm

i think a ride dh is a poor suggestion for a stiff board. i would steer clear of that if i were you.

rip it 11, you might want to take a look at the arbor boards - the "a frame" sounds like just what you need. also, i'm no big fan of burton boards but the custom x and t6 both sound like they'd be of interest to you.

alasdair

Last edited by alasdairm; 12-09-2008 at 01:59 PM.
Old 12-09-2008, 04:46 PM   #7 (permalink)
RIP IT 11

Suburban Blend- good looks on the tri-ax.. I was trying to figure out how to gauge torsional flex ...and my boots are 10 or 10.5 so i'm probably gonna shoot for a reg width... do u think i should move towards a wide board?

ya i'm steering away from burton b/c i demoed a couple of their boards and I wasn't getting good responsiveness from them...i was lookin into the never summer boards and they seemed fresh but i don't know if i can drop 6bills on a board....i also saw those arbor boards and it looks bombsauce but i'm a little skeptical about the wood durability and how it deals with chop... know anyone who rides an arbor? oh ya my price range is 350-450
Old 12-09-2008, 05:27 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIP IT 11 View Post
Suburban Blend- good looks on the tri-ax.. I was trying to figure out how to gauge torsional flex ...and my boots are 10 or 10.5 so i'm probably gonna shoot for a reg width... do u think i should move towards a wide board?

ya i'm steering away from burton b/c i demoed a couple of their boards and I wasn't getting good responsiveness from them...i was lookin into the never summer boards and they seemed fresh but i don't know if i can drop 6bills on a board....i also saw those arbor boards and it looks bombsauce but i'm a little skeptical about the wood durability and how it deals with chop... know anyone who rides an arbor? oh ya my price range is 350-450
Just so you know a local board shop DaddiesBoardShop here in Oregon carries all these boards and is having a 20% off winter sale, its been on for a bit now so I wouldnt wait too much longer or you may miss out.

It basically brings all of the 500 dollar boards down into your range(399) if you can wait a few days for shipping Right now its the best deal out there hands down if your buying a board they carry.

20% OFF Orders Over $199
Discount Code: HOLIDAY2008

Daddies Board Shop: Snowboard and Longboard Skateboard Shop: Sector 9 Longboards, Never Summer Snowboards, Gravity Skateboards, Salomon Snowboards, Rome Snowboards, Landyachtz Longboard Skateboards, Arbor Sports and More. - Home
arsenic0 is offline   Reply With Quote